#Trophy save the date

Clio Trophy from RUK site;

The 220 Trophy now has 10 per cent more power and up to an extra 30lb/ft of torque.
The Clio Renaultsport 220 Trophy EDC is fitted with high-performance Michelin Pilot Super Sport 205/40R18 rubber.
The Clio is lower by 20mm at the front, 10mm at the rear. Firmer shock absorbers, and revised springs (40 per cent stiffer at the rear), have been fitted and are coupled to the existing motorsport-derived hydraulic bump stops.
Gear shifts are now up to 40 per cent faster in ‘Normal’ and ‘Sport’ modes and 50 per cent faster in ‘Race’ mode thanks to software recalibration
It also benefits from a larger turbo, an air intake designed to minimise pressure losses and a revised exhaust system
‘Trophy’ interior pack: Heated leather sports seats with integral head rests, plus carbon-look air-vent surrounds, door handles and gear lever base plate. The air-vent inserts are now in satin chrome rather than anodised red.
A new, faster rack (with ratio reduced from 14.5:1 to 13.2:1) makes steering even more precise and incredibly direct – the best system on the market.
‘Torque Boost’ feature in fourth and fifth gears raises peak torque to 207lb/ft (a gain of 30lb/ft)
Maximum revs increase from 6,500rpm to 6,800rpm

Not a bad effort at all IMO..

Better effort.

Onviously the power bump and the suspension work are great, but to me the seats help it massively.

Looks good actually!

Not so good is that I'm thinking about changing later in the year and this might be a potential candidate. Not so good being its not going to be cheap!

Sounds promising, good to hear they've reviewed the criticisms and actually done something about it.

What d'ya reckon is an acceptable price above the standard car off the showroom?

Looking good to me.

Hope the gear box re-map will become available to existing owners. Can't see this being anything other than software based change/s I would have thought.
Unluckily looks like the engine power hike is more than a re-map though (new turbo etc).

Sounds promising, good to hear they've reviewed the criticisms and actually done something about it.

What d'ya reckon is an acceptable price above the standard car off the showroom?

The Lux one is £20k, so i'm going to guess at £24k. Interesting when you consider than a new 200 cup was £16k ish.

I wonder if there will be a difference in real world performance over the standard version? I'm also looking forward to see the performance stats with the quicker box and bigger turbo!

Perhaps the new software is already in your dealership. Mine was updated in February, I don't have any issues. I know my software differs a lot from the early cars. Both gearbox and engine mapping.

New car looks good, not that I dislike mine, I'm loving it. Will I change?

No I can get double acting KWs and a remap from RS Tuning gets you over 230 bhp and 250 ft lb over most of the Rev range. Black roof a couple of hundred, so for £3k you can have it better than the new car,.

Brembo's on the horizon job done.

Renaultsport keep it coming.

And bigger turbo, better LOOKING interior.

Anyone think the Matt White paint will be nice?

Perhaps the new software is already in your dealership. Mine was updated in February, I don't have any issues. I know my software differs a lot from the early cars. Both gearbox and engine mapping.

New car looks good, not that I dislike mine, I'm loving it. Will I change?

No I can get double acting KWs and a remap from RS Tuning gets you over 230 bhp and 250 ft lb over most of the Rev range. Black roof a couple of hundred, so for £3k you can have it better than the new car,.

Brembo's on the horizon job done.

Renaultsport keep it coming.

Good points.

Mines due it's first service next month. So I shall certainly be asking about any software changes/upgrades.

Similar Thread Suggestions