Trip computer service indicator

My service indicator has just come up that my car is due a service, but the last time I looked at the reading it said it wasn't due for 8000 odd miles. The car was serviced before I bought it in may, so should I just ignore the message or not?

It sounds like either a) it wasn't serviced in may, or b) it was serviced but the indicator wasn't reset.

if it was definitely serviced then I'd say just reset it. I can't remember the exact procedure, something like ignition on whilst holding one/both buttons for 10 seconds. From memory I think it differs from car to car (typical French!). It'll say in the manual.

It sounds like either a) it wasn't serviced in may, or b) it was serviced but the indicator wasn't reset.

if it was definitely serviced then I'd say just reset it. I can't remember the exact procedure, something like ignition on whilst holding one/both buttons for 10 seconds. From memory I think it differs from car to car (typical French!). It'll say in the manual.

It got motd and serviced after I bought it and during the week before I picked it up.

I do believe the garage serviced t and u checked the oil an it is golden. What got me though was that the indicator was up at a few thousand miles then its just come up with the service due message

It got motd and serviced after I bought it and during the week before I picked it up.

I do believe the garage serviced t and u checked the oil an it is golden. What got me though was that the indicator was up at a few thousand miles then its just come up with the service due message

its because it counts the time also, so after 11 months or so it will flag a service is due regardless of the miles covered. It just sounds like they didn't reset it when it was serviced thats all.

its because it counts the time also, so after 11 months or so it will flag a service is due regardless of the miles covered. It just sounds like they didn't reset it when it was serviced thats all.

Ah ok was just worried when it popped up, thanks for the help :smile: