Clio 197 trip computer screen broken

Jordanfaf

Winner - POTM November 2017, January 2018
Trip computer screen isnt working properly.

Sometimes is fine, other times extremely faint and faded and almost impossible to read. Any idea what the problem is?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Does it affect the other dials - i.e. speedo and rev counter?? Just wondering if you perhaps keep knocking the little dial that adjusts the brightness of the cluster?

Sometimes it's the littlest things that can cause these problems - I might be completely wrong though, but worth checking!

Mine has just started to do this again today, just the trip display, all others are normal... It also happened around 8-9 months ago, fades in and out, but it resolved itself after a week or so last time

Does it affect the other dials - i.e. speedo and rev counter?? Just wondering if you perhaps keep knocking the little dial that adjusts the brightness of the cluster?

Sometimes it's the littlest things that can cause these problems - I might be completely wrong though, but worth checking!

No its not the brightness. Its the actual text fading rather than the brightness. Effects no other dials.

Its returned to normal for now

No its not the brightness. Its the actual text fading rather than the brightness. Effects no other dials.

Its returned to normal for now

Ah ok, it was a long shot but I thought it was worth a suggestion just in case. Hope you get it sorted.

Common on all of them as they get on with age, Your find it only really gets worse when it's hot, when it's cooler it's not as bad.
Nothing you can really do to fix it other than replace

Coincidentally min has just started doing this.

On mine, all the text disappears. I first noticed it was very slightly and slowly flickering a couple of months ago and this week it has failed altogether. All info disappeared.. although it has come back on and off again a few times during the week.

Where is the cheapest replacement and is there a How To guide anywhere?

Ive found when it happens just give the top of the dash a hard whack and it goes back to working order for a few days. Must be a loose connection or something?

Hi. I know this is an old thread, but many thanks. After an hour of trying different things and reading handbook on my son's new 2011 Clio, I found your response to the same issue, gave the dashboard a whack, and back it came. Many thanks

Reactions: EthanMenace