Trip computer blank

slinkey

Paid Member
Hi guys

I just replaced the plexi glass on the gauge cluster for my 197. Previous owner cracked them (B&Q accident apparently).

Looks great now but after plugging it back in the trip computer / odometer is completely blank. The back light is working but no text or numbers.

Unfortunately I didn't disconnect the battery when I took the gauges out which I wish I had of done! Hoping nothing has fried.

So far I've tried reconnecting the plug at the back a few times and wiggling the cables. I've also tried disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes. (is this enough time to reset?)

Also wondering is there a fuse for the trip computer?

I'm gonna have another go at it tomorrow but any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Right thought I'd post an update in case anyone reads this in the future! As this seems quite common where the screen fades or disapears!

I had another spare set of dials which I used the replacement plexi glass from for the above. I decided to plug that set of dials in quickly to see if the screen worked and it did!!

All I did then was take apart the spare set and swap the screen over to my original ones and hey presto it all worked with my correct miles and everything!

The screen is very easy to remove, just unclip the front of the dials and screen just un clips too. No screws needed.

I've seen a few people end up buying replacement dials entirely for this issue, but all you need to do is buy a set of dials on ebay (any clio mk3 ones) for a tenner and swap the screen :wink:

Reactions: DS197
Mine fades every so often but all I have to do is push on the plexi and it seems to liven back up, just french car things I guess :french: