Tracking

Gromb200

THE TOFFEE
Platinum Member
Well the tracking is out on the 200 for sure! When driving straight the wheel is over to the right, it is so obvious it is unreal! And as a coinsidence got the new issue of evo mag through the post today and they also run a 200 cup in their fast fleet, and that has been back numerous times to get its tracking sorted. Apprantly according to Stephen Dobie who runs the car it is very common with the 200 cup because of their firm setup the tracking is badly affected when you are on bad roads (explanes alot)
Well I better get on the phone then!
Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes mine is out, pulls to the left but renault have checked it and tracked it 4 times, it's straight until I go down a bumpy road :worried:

there is a thread on here about it

I think my standard 197 is out slightly, probably got something to do with the wheel being stuck on when I had the tyres changed and they used a hammer to get the bloody thing off! They were only hitting the tyre, but I think it has thrown it out. Too much of a coinsidence.

I am not sure weather to take it back to renault or have it done myself!
Any sugestions?

I am not sure weather to take it back to renault or have it done myself!
Any sugestions?

if you have it done make sure its 4-wheel alignment

the front is mounted on a subframe and this could be out of line

mines runs arrow straight !

Found a place in worksop that does it and he has quote me 25 quid for 4 wheel laser tracking! does this sound right? I don't have a clue!

Found a place in worksop that does it and he has quote me 25 quid for 4 wheel laser tracking! Does this sound right? I don't have a clue!

thats well good, i recently paid £40 to have laser tracking baring in mind i just spend £300 on some pe2s at the same place, robbery! tbh.

but they did look all over my car aswell and told me its amazingly well kept!! :smile: so i was happy to pay

Well the tracking is out on the 200 for sure! When driving straight the wheel is over to the right, it is so obvious it is unreal! And as a coinsidence got the new issue of evo mag through the post today and they also run a 200 cup in their fast fleet, and that has been back numerous times to get its tracking sorted. Apprantly according to Stephen Dobie who runs the car it is very common with the 200 cup because of their firm setup the tracking is badly affected when you are on bad roads (explanes alot)
Well I better get on the phone then!
Has anyone else experienced this?

It's terrible on the 200 mate. I picked mine up in January and had exactly the same problem, pulling to the left with the wheel leaning to the right.

I understand the frustration as I took it back and they said it was ok. Anyway I took it to a mates garage who I trust and we spent about 45 minutes aligning it and testing it.

When they do the alignment make sure they clamp the steering wheel perfectly straight and then align the wheels otherwise it will be off.

I have a printout of the toe and camber setting for the 200 sport and cup chassis. This is directly from Renault so will try and scan it :smile:

Another place to try is Gordon's Tyres @ Silkwood Park, Wakefield, just off M1 J40, they have the proper kit, and charge around £27-30 IIRC.

Another place to try is Gordon's Tyres @ Silkwood Park, Wakefield, just off M1 J40, they have the proper kit, and charge around £27-30 IIRC.

Cheers Ralph, there is a Gordons near me in Stocksbridge, but they only do tyres and exhausts at this one.

Hmm,I've suspicious that the tracking wasn't quite right since we got our 200 cup but put it down to the tyres tramlining. also doesn't feel very stable when braking in anything other than a straight line even then it does pull and tug under hard braking!have renault been rectifying this FOC?if someone could post up the alignment settings as I if not I will get rally place that do all my alignment work to sort it

Does anyone have the details/print out of the correct setup for the 200 with cup pack?

I need to get mine aligned and nowhere seem to have the correct setup to align too.