Tracking

Does anyone else with a cupped 200 struggle with the tracking? Mines already been done twice in 18 months and has gone again. Pulling to the left again.

Can't help but think something may be loose causing it? I've got a slight knock that I've brought up with Renault before and got the usual "it's fine sir"

Sometimes I feel vibration through the steering wheel but am unsure as to what's normal or not! It doesn't always feel positive.

I thought this for the first 6-8months with mine, but I find more often than not its just the setup is so sensitive to camber in the road it does tend to drift. Most roads are cambered to your left. Maybe get a full geo done. Renault did mine for free at one stage, but mostly because I kept pissing and moaning and they'd cocked a load of stuff up so were trying to kiss arse lol

could your knock be a lower arm link as per the thread below this?

had mine geo'd recently and with bob on settings the car has a hint of pull so I wouldn't worry about it TBH.

If you don't swerve pot holes you will have to get it tracked every 9-12 months.

Mine is done every 2 years avoiding pot holes.

Try driving on the other side of the road if it's clear to do so, see if it pulls the other way.

I do this if i get it into my head it's pulling to the left more than normal, if it then pulls to the right it's just the camber of the road.

Ithink it's because they are set up to run flat. on flat roads.

Never had a problem at a track day and it allways makes me laugh when i drive abroad.*

*Or when someones coming towards me :smiley:

I had mine to Renault twice for pulling to the left think its the uk roads as most slightly camber left to aid with drainage so assume the Clio's sensitive nature is just exaggerating this .

definitely the Clio chassis/standard toe/camber settings make it very sensative to road camber, if you ever get on an off camber road you'll see it pull to the right.

The tracking could still be out but it depends how much it pulls.

It pulls more on the same roads than it used to. Just read about a guy in oz having all the front end bolts tightened ss they'd all loosened off...may get the torque wrench out...it's hassle going to Renault!

Cheers rich I'll give them a call.

It's the only problem with living in the fens. No matter how much I try to avoid pot holes...the roads are just overall **** and knock the hell out of the suspension!

Does anyone else with a cupped 200 struggle with the tracking? Mines already been done twice in 18 months and has gone again. Pulling to the left again.

Can't help but think something may be loose causing it? I've got a slight knock that I've brought up with Renault before and got the usual "it's fine sir"

Sometimes I feel vibration through the steering wheel but am unsure as to what's normal or not! It doesn't always feel positive.

I've heard that the 200 is prone to being knocked out alignment quite often. Dunno if its to do with the susp setup and electric rack...heard that the cup susp cars suffer the most due to the impact from our roads coupled with the stiff set up.