Trackday prep

Gents, not long until my first trackday in the Clio, just want to check I've not missed anything or overlooked something specific to our cars.

I'm an experienced track driver but my track cars have all been rear wheel drive and less modern, so I've never driven a front wheel drive car on track, or a car with traction or stability control on track.

In terms of preparing the car I've got some performance brake fluid and front pads in and serviced it.

Is there anything I've missed?

And do you have any guidance specific to our cars? Do I pull the fuse for ABS and TC or is it not as easy as that?

Cheers :grinning:

@Matt Scarbro

You've done all the basics. I assume it's not due a service either? Always best to have everything tip-top.

I wouldn't recommend pulling any fuses. Pulling the ABS pump fuse used to default the bias to 50/50 on Mk2 Clios, so that's really NOT good on track, as you can imagine. The ABS isn't actually that intrusive in the dry anyway.

They're a car that loves to be driven neatly and with precision. Just concentrate on your braking points and be smooth with the power after the apex, since they don't have a locker. You can play about with the brake whilst accelerating out of tighter corners to trim the understeer if you want, acts almost like a DIY e-diff.

With the ESP off (recommended) they respond really well to left foot braking as well. They do rotate quite quickly doing this though because of the short wheelbase, so be warned! It's a fun trick though!

Smooth, clean lines and nail your marker cones is how I'm approaching it. Enjoy!

Thanks for all the pointers Christopher will be an enjoyable learning curve with front wheel drive!

Engine and gear oil were done today so it's in fine fettle! :blush: