Trackday in my Clio 200T

Hi All

After a couple of months of pretty boring driving up and down the M4 to and from work, I finally got the chance to drive the Clio properly.

Last Sunday I had a couple of stints out on the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit in the Clio. It was really good fun! Race mode certainly does sharpen up those gear changes! I didn't really push the car that hard - I didn't have it sliding around, and I wasn't braking really heavily either. But the car was still great fun regardless. I'm definitely looking forward to getting it back out on track and trying a bit harder, perhaps on a shorter, twistier circuit. It's not massively fast in a straight line, but it had a lot more to give in the corners. We only did about 70 miles on track, but the tyres and brake pads aren't showing any obvious signs of track work.

Any other 200T owners who haven't taken their cars on track, I suggest you give it a go if you get the chance. I've seen a whole other side to the car!

Here is some video footage I took:

[video]https://youtu.be/X9sYnqj8JIE[/video]

Cheers,

Darren

Hard to get a good perspective with the camera so far back in the cabin. Looks like you had fun though!

Been around the ring in mine, didnt really push that hard but think im gonna invest in some coilovers before it see's a track again. not keen on the body roll

I had to put the camera in the rear window as I'd forgotten to bring the headrest mount with me!

Glad to hear others are enjoying their cars on track. I think my car will remain largely standard for the moment while it's doing the daily driver duties. But some coilovers would be tempting...