trackday gloves

hi all,after a recent trackday and a few spirited drives out i've come to the conclusion i could do with some sort of track day glove as my palms get pretty sweaty (especially in the summer) and it becomes a bit tricky to grip the wheel at times,

i've done a few of the obvious searches,i.e. ebay and demon tweeks but they only seem to supply proper racing gloves which are a bit bulky,

i'm looking for something a little thinner like the style downhill mountain bikers use which i might end up going for if the palms are the right material to grip the stearing wheel,

so basically just wondered if you guys have used any that you could recommend,

thanks for any help

scott

I use OMP karting gloves mate, they're nice and thin. Think they only cost me about £15 too.

they are awesome mate but £120,cricky!!!

I had a cheaper pair before but did not work for me , sure its a personal feeling thing so you might be fine. One thing is for sure they made a huge difference to confidence at the Ring .

YB Racing, the main OMP importers into the UK.

Do a search of JCC Race And Rally though mate, they had a sale on last week and had Alpinestars gloves for about the same price. I'd send you the link but I'm only on the iPhone at the moment. It might actually by JJC Race And Rally thinking about it...

Like Arron says, they do make a difference as you feel more assured with your grip on the wheel etc., well I know I do anyway hahaha! You'll pay more for Nomex items which have obvious safety benefits but to be honest anything is probably better than nothing if you end up on fire.

Last edited:
cheers guys,even a cheap pair will make a difference as after a couple of laps at bedford my hands where slipping in some corners,

cheap and cheerful first i think then maybe move on to arons gold plated ones for christmas!

046-0271_01900036.1.jpg

?

I have the FIA approved Alpinestar ones, cost a bit more than a karting glove but i love them, well worth the money imo

When your looking at some, some have external seams.

These are a lot more comfortable and the ones to go for.

after a bit of research i'm with willis in that its karting gloves i think i'm after,they look a lot thinner and lighter than the general race day gloves which is what i want,for now anyway...

my options,

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/karting/gloves/omp-rush-kart-glove

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/karting/gloves/omp-stint-kart-gloves

prefer the look of the second ones but they are nearly 3 times the price so not sure if they are worth it for the odd trackday and spirited drives that i will do

you can get them slightly cheaper elsewhere but was just using demon tweeks to make my mind up

which ones would you go for guys???

I'd go for the cheaper ones. In a blind test you probably couldn't tell the difference, and I'm sure they will be a massive improvement over sweaty gloveless hands!

Nice thin ones will see you right mate. :smile:

Then if things get more serious you can always upgrade and sell the karting ones on... Or keep then as spare for those uber hot sweaty summer trackdays! :smiley: