Track / Race Clio 197 - Rotoryboy

Hi Guys

As you know I purchased a RED RS 197 a few weeks ago, with the intention of turning into a track day car (with a possibility of entering it into the Clio Cup Road Car series)

It's a standard 2006 with low mileage, but it came from a little bit of a racing background before I got it. This means the suspension has been set correctly and the disks are from the Clio Race car with Brembo's up front.

This is the car when I got it.

09F635A1-A8E1-4FB8-B37D-E7C5D8C9BA39.jpg

Today I started stripping the interior as it is having a full Roll Cage installed next week. I have gone for the Safety Devices you would find in the Clio Cup Racer. I figured if you do a job, do it properly. This was purchased from Mark Fish Motorsport who told me it is a seriously over engineered roll cage for this car :lol:

I have stripped the majority from the car, but I need some advice on the electronics knocking around.

Car in the process of being stripped:

43C8DFBD-FE4D-4997-B7E8-25ABB3E27A6D.jpg

This was under the drivers seat. Is it some sort of Amp?

04C5A5F4-6BD4-4406-A710-37E0C9D1E85B.jpg

E5F9C996-1D8F-4F5D-BA9C-BD6D328224F7.jpg

Any advice on what looms and bits I can strip out? Whats the box next to the handbrake for?

There seems to bit little ECU type boxes everywhere

I'll be keeping an eye on this :smile: looks great and your plans too :smile:

the he box by the handbrake is the airbag ECU iirc, or some sort of programme for them anyway

I have stripped the majority from the car, but I need some advice on the electronics knocking around.

Car in the process of being stripped:

This was under the drivers seat. Is it some sort of Amp?

E5F9C996-1D8F-4F5D-BA9C-BD6D328224F7.jpg

Any advice on what looms and bits I can strip out? Whats the box next to the handbrake for?

There seems to bit little ECU type boxes everywhere

Quick Google search of the model number reveals its the radio tuner.

Attachments

• www.google.co.uk-screen_2014-01-24_22-07-26.jpg
    www.google.co.uk-screen_2014-01-24_22-07-26.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 68
I guess if you've looked into it, you will know that for the Clio road series you need the rest of the kit, which includes a set of Bilstein suspension, you say it's been set up correctly but you will still need the kit suspension and the clio race discs are no good for it either, they need to be standard discs.

Yes I have spoken with Nicky at Monster Sport Europe and it's about £4200 for the kit. Unless I can get the sponsorship, I am not investing in it

I do love a proper "strip it down to the bare bones" track project.

Will be following this one closely.

You are right Stephen, it's the tuner.

You to are correct Gez, that's the airbag controller/ECU.

Now I am happy with what they are, they came out lol

yma7usav.jpg