Track day tools

Rsjake

Paid Member
So just out of interest what sort of tools are people taking with them on track days

Been about 5 years since my last track day and will be getting back to doing some as of next year (first time in the clio) and i think i was going a bit over the top with tools at previous track days (Honda owner )

Thanks

This is the short version of what we take.
  • Axle stands
  • Spare oil
  • Impact gun
  • Torque wrench
  • Tyre pressure gauge
  • Air pump
  • Gloves
  • Gaffer tape
  • Cable ties
  • Socket set
  • Jack
  • Brake pin punch
  • Braker bar
Normally we turn up with a full toolbox and spare brake pads as well.

This is the short version of what we take.
  • Axle stands
  • Spare oil
  • Impact gun
  • Torque wrench
  • Tyre pressure gauge
  • Air pump
  • Gloves
  • Gaffer tape
  • Cable ties
  • Socket set
  • Jack
  • Brake pin punch
  • Braker bar
Normally we turn up with a full toolbox and spare brake pads as well.
Thank you gavin

yea i always bring spear oil and brake fluid with me and will now be bring spear pads

and i think you have bot the nail in the head with what to bring as seams that would cover most bits

@burrellbloke out of interest what spare pads do you carry?

I just carry a half life set of DS2500's that came on the car for the front. But wonder if that is a silly move.

@Rsjake not a tool but something to consider is something for transporting fuel. Saves faffing about on a track day and leaving circuit to get fuel.

Reactions: Rsjake
A part worn set of DS Unos for emergencies.

Normally we are on top of maintenance and tend to use pads that last for more than one or two track days.

Reactions: Tarticmonkey

I just carry a half life set of DS2500's that came on the car for the front. But wonder if that is a silly move.

@Rsjake not a tool but something to consider is something for transporting fuel. Saves faffing about on a track day and leaving circuit to get fuel.
Dig deep and pay at the on site pumps :smile:

I’ve got a set of pfc z rated for spares

This is where having a tow vehicle comes in handy. I've got everything except the kitchen sink in the back of the car.
  • Big Halfords socket/spanner set
  • Low profile trolley jack
  • Misc hand tools, screwdrivers, picks, pliers etc...
  • Fluids (oil, coolant, brake fluid), ceramic brake pad grease, electrical contact cleaner and brake cleaner
  • Brake pads, spare pins and springs
  • Brake fluid pressure bleeder
  • 18v impact gun(s), 18v tyre inflator and I recently bought a calibrated tyre pressure gauge which dumps pressure quickly
  • Small NOCO jump pack (because French)
  • Not tools but I normally carry 2x 20l jerry cans with fuel in as the Clio isn't road legal and I'm too cheap to pay circuit prices.
  • Recovery kit in case I have to drag a broken Clio onto the trailer and some spare straps
There's other random things in there too but that's the majority. I normally have a spare sunstrip (plus vinyl squeegee thing) and other assorted nonsense, some cleaning kit too for glass and general cleanups.

I barely use any of it but there's been times that it's bailed others out, so it's worth carrying.

This is where having a tow vehicle comes in handy. I've got everything except the kitchen sink in the back of the car.
  • Fluids (oil, coolant, brake fluid), ceramic brake pad grease, electrical contact cleaner and brake cleaner
  • 18v impact gun(s), 18v tyre inflator and I recently bought a calibrated tyre pressure gauge which dumps pressure quickly
  • Not tools but I normally carry 2x 20l jerry cans with fuel in as the Clio isn't road legal and I'm too cheap to pay circuit prices.
  • Recovery kit in case I have to drag a broken Clio onto the trailer and some spare straps
There's other random things in there too but that's the majority. I normally have a spare sunstrip (plus vinyl squeegee thing) and other assorted nonsense, some cleaning kit too for glass and general cleanups.

I barely use any of it but there's been times that it's bailed others out, so it's worth carrying.

Spare sunstrip coming in handy eh?

IMG_6095.jpeg

100% i always take a 20l vp racing fuel can full of fuel with me

i would love to buy a trailer

might ask my boss if i can use our recovery truck for track days and save driving the car there and back i guess lol