Track Car

I'm thinking about getting a second Renaultsport Clio to use exclusively for track days - I am thinking either a 172 or 182 - is one better than the other for what I've got in mind?

Thanks,
Dave.

Not much difference really but a 172 is cheaper, have a drive and see what you prefer to drive, Depends how quick ya after one, ya more than welcome to join us at a track day and come out for a spin in mine

172 sport.

cheaper and has abs etc still. No doubt you will mod the chassis so no need for the cup which is far more to insure in the first place due it not having abs.

Thanks for the offer - is it the 172 you've got? When and where is your next track day?

Cheers,
Dave.

Not much difference really but a 172 is cheaper, have a drive and see what you prefer to drive, Depends how quick ya after one, ya more than welcome to join us at a track day and come out for a spin in mine

Thanks for the offer - is it the 172 you've got? When and where is your next track day?

Cheers,
Dave.

Yeah mine is a 172 2002, next meet is the How Fast on here, 1st June at Bedford autodrome its all members from here too :smile:

172 Cup is the one you want, few more "hardcore" bits on em compared to the 182's so i hear

This really. I've had a Cup before and I'd certainly start with a Cup if you're going track only. It's got the Cup pack suspension from the later 182, barely any sound deadening, normally no air con (cheap cambelts ~£250) no abs to interfere, far lighter than the 172/182 FFs, lighter wheels and they tend to make book power a bit more, possibly down to the lack of AC pump.

Interior is biff so throw it straight in the bin like you will do. I'd say throw a bucket in it and its basically ready to go. You'll mod it no doubt but in standard form its VERY capable.

HTH.