Toyosport

Great manifold, well made and definitely helping the Clio breathe, however, I have 2 issues with them:

1- The need to purchase a new engine mount in order to stop the manifold touching the subframe

2- Their service! No one answers the phone and when I emailed them asking for advice as to what I could possibly do to help with knocking I was getting, they told me to send it back for a refund! I didn't want a refund, I wanted some advice. Plus, to remove the manifold then replace and then remove and replace could've cost me a grand!

Anyone else had any experiences of them? As I said, the quality of the manifold is great and now I've changed the mount I do not get any knocking so can't fault that but service is awful!

they only sell it so don't think they will have any knowledge of what or how to sort it :tongueout:inky:

When you say you changed the mount do you mean you bought a new one because the old one got soft with time or did you have to buy an upgraded one? Do these manifolds delet the pre cat then?

Last edited:
It sounds great Tom!

It does delete the precat Yiannis and yes I had to buy a Vibra technics one to stiffen it up a little.

I know foxspeed but it was worth asking surely...

Good to know mate thanks. Any flatspots? As far as I'm aware a remap is always advisable when fitting a Y pipe (Ktec or supersprint), apparently the car runs lean afterwards? Not sure on that, I'm sure I read it somewhere though. Did you have to have yours remapped then?

Emissions is out of the question I take it?

You did read that Yiannis. I'm sure it was Smoggy that had the Y-Pipe fitted then went back to RSTuning for a map tweak and Paul said it was running very lean because of the Y-Pipe.

A tweak to the map sorted it though.

Good to know mate thanks. Any flatspots? As far as I'm aware a remap is always advisable when fitting a Y pipe (Ktec or supersprint), apparently the car runs lean afterwards? Not sure on that, I'm sure I read it somewhere though. Did you have to have yours remapped then?

Emissions is out of the question I take it?

No weirdly flat spots seem better. Pulls nicely lower down the revs.

Was booked in for a remap today but my card reader is playing up so got to replace that first! So annoyed!

Emissions should be ok as the main cat is still in. Eventually I'll get a sports cat but that'll have to wait as I need to do the brakes first!

You did read that Yiannis. I'm sure it was Smoggy that had the Y-Pipe fitted then went back to RSTuning for a map tweak and Paul said it was running very lean because of the Y-Pipe.

A tweak to the map sorted it though.

wasnt that mr Henderson that had that done

Yes Si is right it was henderson who had the Y pipe and no cats in and i followed him down to RS tuning as i was getting a map on the same day,Was very lean i could smell it through the tunnels but the sound was epic!!

Hi guys, I fitted the Toyosports manifold to my 200 on the weekend.
Took about 5 hours to do as its a fairly in-depth job.
I already have the Vibra Technics mounts on my car but i still notched the subframe about 5mm so as to avoid any rubbing.
The ports on the Toyosports manifold are much bigger than the oem manifold which is nice & the overall runner design is a little better too imo.

Result-
My car has the Akrapovic evolution system already fitted so i have no cat or pre-cat now.
The sound is fantastic, especially when you 'blip' the throttle on downshifts & it 'bangs' very loudly on upshifts now :smile: .
Definitely better throttle response & more top end power.
Flat spot no worse (possibly better) than before.
Strangely i have not had the 'check engine' emissions light come on yet (im sure it will soon though).
Car is being remapped in 3 weeks.

Last edited: