Top speed?

i saw 137 on the clocks in my 197 didnot feel like there was much left, had 155 on the r6 tho. private roads btw, came off my bike in the summer tho, fractured my pelvis, spent 10 days in bed in hospital, and a month on crutches, and am still off work, iam slowing down a bit these days. its just not worth the bother of lossing my licence and life.

Only managed 180kph (112mph) in the clio. Fastest for me was 160mph in a V8 supercar. Oh how i worked for them again :worried:

Much faster than the indicated 133 I hit in my S1 106 Rallye. Fastest I've seen on the 197 clocks was 120, she still wanted to pull.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find this quite strange, i thought that for a 2.0 200bhp engine there would be higher top speeds.. i had 135out of my old saxo vts?

I find this quite strange, i thought that for a 2.0 200bhp engine there would be higher top speeds.. i had 135out of my old saxo vts?

I think you will find all OEM 200's will do 141mph either on a straight or down hill as that is all the rev's will allow.
People who have had re-maps may get more top end if the map lets the engine rev higher in 6th gear.
I am sure there are a few people on here (who haven't posted any top speeds) will also tell you the same thing.

Still not sure? put it on rollers, it will still only do 141mph.

if you've got a spoiler that knocks a shed load of your top end speed what you gain with downforce you loose in top end so you might get 141 on rollers as theres no drag

if you've got a spoiler that knocks a shed load of your top end speed what you gain with downforce you loose in top end so you might get 141 on rollers as theres no drag

My comment about putting it on rollers was just to point out it will still only do 141mph.
Putting it another way > if you were to drive down the road flat out in say 2nd gear you would reach the cars max for that gear eg: 50mph, this would not change if you put it on rollers in 2nd gear you would still only get 50mph.
Same goes for flat in 6th gear, as standard its max speed it 141mph.

Yes there are other factors involved with reaching that speed like hills and drag but the outcome is still the same..
Top Speed = 141
(although it may take you an extra 3 miles to reach it compared to a Lambo)

Touch over 140 on the speedo and the car hits the limiter in 6th, with the earlier 197 short gearbox, circa 7100rpm, 133/134 according to Garmin. Pulls quite well upto that speed, you really feel it when the limiter kicks in and it just stops accelerating.

Top speed was whatever you get out of a Aston martin Vantage. Private road of course. Top speed in a 200 was flat out with the speedo maxing. Cup spoiler does cut your top speed btw. Well it seems to ! Private road again of course.