Top Speed?

Hi mates. Just curious over the top speed for R27?

I have done a BMC CDA intake, Akrapovic Evo and tuned.

The car seems to struggle pass 200kph. Is it normal? Seems odd for a car making over 200hp to struggle to meet 200kph.

Hi mates. Just curious over the top speed for R27?

I have done a BMC CDA intake, Akrapovic Evo and tuned.

The car seems to struggle pass 200kph. Is it normal? Seems odd for a car making over 200hp to struggle to meet 200kph.

My R27 starts to struggle with physics at around the 230-235 KPH mark.

Everything feels more powerful than stock. Guess i am going for a dyno run to figure out. Thanks for the feedbacks

When I lived in Germany I took my R27 up to a GPS indicated 149mph. However that was on a slightly downhill slope. And I was on the rev limit at that point.

I've had my 200 hit 138mph.

That was on a slight decline. Didn't take that long surprisingly enough! Can't do it since I've modded the car though, seems I've lost ponies somewhere, probably from the lack of remap.

Its not that difficult to take it to the rev limiter on 6th gear, my early 197 was on about 215 kmh, if on a flat piece of a highway the engine has no power to hit the limiter it must mean some serious wear of the engine itself, have it checked!

Ive had the speedo read 150 MPH, was on a slight downhill but, thats just indicated not backed up with GPS, so i'm doubtful it was that fast

Double tried. Hits 215kmh but on a very long straight (around 1km) with slight downhill. Once back to flat it starts to slow down slightly. So i am guessing thats about normal?

I got just over the 140 mph mark prob about 143 was at 7000 rpm and still wanted to go . The private road /track I was on was starting to get less straight so had to lift off but interested how much more it will go now :smile:

Have you changed your tire size at all? That can have a pretty respectable effect on your Speedo output. I went up to 225s and on the track the Speedo indicates I have lost almost 10 kph on the main straight at my local track, which is mostly down to the calibration...