Top engine mount (drivers side of the engine bay)

Does anyone know where to buy an updated one of these?renault quoted me £138.47 for it! The one on mine has gone an is making a nocking noise when letting off etc. I got my mate to bang on the mounting and that is 100% the noise I'm hearing. So I'm going to replace it. Plus there is a lot of play in it and there should be none! So can I buy an updated one?

Cheers, dan

If you uprate one, I'd suggest you do them all. I'm sure if you stiffen one up it will highlight and increase wear in the others.

Cheers for the help guys! Think I'll go with the ktec one!

Yes your probably right, it will create wear on the rest but with it been Christmas, can't be spending £300!! Aha! Might wait till after, an get the lot then!

Thanks, dan

Cheers for the help guys! Think I'll go with the ktec one!

Yes your probably right, it will create wear on the rest but with it been Christmas, can't be spending £300!! Aha! Might wait till after, an get the lot then!

Thanks, dan

thats what i'm doing dan,pondering on fitting them myself to save a few quid as well,it can't be that hard! see what the weathers like i suppose

The top one is made up of one vertical support and one horizontal support. It probably the horizontal one that's gone. The second is on the bottom below the manifold and the third one is underneath the battery.

yeah the top one looks a doddle,am i right in saying the next one is just below it and the third is the gearbox mount under the battery tray?

yes

the two main ones are the engine on the o/s wing near cambelt cover and the other the gearbox under the battery tray

there is then the lower "stabiliser" again drivers side that goes from sump area to subframe

if the uprated ones are fitted the upper stabiliser isnt really required and isnt even in the uprated "kit" from k-tec

I replaced this engine mount after having the same noise/problem.
While I was at it I replaced bottom/gearbox mount. The price of genuine Renault engine mount was around 70 €...top was 60€ (Bilstein)..

ktec sell them mate

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3955&catid=&appid=3&pic=4

or you can get them of ebay from vibra technics which i beleive are the same mount as ktecs,ktec just rebrand them

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19cec5ef74

That's not the top stab bar mate, the part is dealer only as far as I'm aware. I paid £50 for both of mine - yes my car has gone through 3 in 4 years. Chocolate mounts.

@ the OP I had exactly the same issue - knock when lifting off when the car was cold - eventually it gets so bad you can wiggle the mount with your hand.

Last edited:
That's not the top stab bar mate...

...the part is dealer only as far as I'm aware. I paid £50 for both of mine - yes my car has gone through 3 in 4 years. Chocolate mounts.

@ the OP I had exactly the same issue - knock when lifting off when the car was cold - eventually it gets so bad you can wiggle the mount with your hand.

ah right ok steve cheers

That's not the top stab bar mate...

...the part is dealer only as far as I'm aware. I paid £50 for both of mine - yes my car has gone through 3 in 4 years. Chocolate mounts.

I can wiggle the mount now! Are you sure it was only £50? I got quoted like £130!

Perhaps if someone has an old one we can get it off to one of these bush manufactures see if they can make em better.

I can wiggle the mount now! Are you sure it was only £50? I got quoted like £130!

Yeah the part is definitely £50 - or at least was. I had the current one done last December. I'd imaging they're including their shocking labour charges in the quote?

First change was under warranty and Mick @ Diamond did the one last year. Took him literally 5 mins to change it. Easy job if you've got the tools.