Top engine mount

I think my top engine mount has had it! Is this common to go so early? Cars an 07 plate. It's the cause of my knocking when changing gear and throttle let off.

Cheers

theres been a few replaced/faulty...even a few under warranty - so not uncommon

you want to see the movement when they are on a rolling road under power!!!

Thanks mate, nearly solves my problem. I have the knock when changing gear and when on off the throttle. Had a look and put it down to the top engine mount. So I got my mate to bang on the engine mount while I was sat in car and it was the same noise. Also my engine mount should have no play in it right?

Thanks, dan

:blush:hmy:Si i saw that movement on a rolling road. thought the engine was too powerful for the car LOL

Thanks mate, nearly solves my problem. I have the knock when changing gear and when on off the throttle. Had a look and put it down to the top engine mount. So I got my mate to bang on the engine mount while I was sat in car and it was the same noise. Also my engine mount should have no play in it right?

Thanks, dan

yeh no play in the mounting

Had the vibra technics mounts fitted. Nothing wrong with them, still shiny no doubt. I'd take £30 for the engine mount or £70 posted for all three mounts if you wanted to refresh the lot?

Had the vibra technics mounts fitted. Nothing wrong with them, still shiny no doubt. I'd take £30 for the engine mount or £70 posted for all three mounts if you wanted to refresh the lot?

That's what i've gotta get. I've got so much play in mine it's unreal. I don't hear it rattle though...I only know because someone else told me haha