Top end power

Afternoon 'all

I've had a couple of Clios now and love this 197, especially since Renno put a new map on it which has made a colossal difference to the torque.

Anyway, more than happy with in-gear performance but what I'm wondering about is top end power. Yes I know it isn't what the Clio is all about, but am more than slightly concerned about being embarrassed on the autobahn! My mate's 1999 Integra DC2 pulls like a train to 140+, but the Clio just seems to make a lot of noise and not do anything above 115. Worst of all was when I was caught by an X-reg Celica!!! I made it look like I was backing off when in actual fact it was pedal to the metal but Clio just didn't want to know.

It does feel like the engine is capable of more top end performance, so is it the gearing or what? Is the thing just optimized for quick speed through the gears?

There have been stories of people touching the limiter in 6th gear but it's probaly more down to weight.

if your only getting 115 then i think somethings wrong, either that you maybe have people in your car who all weigh in at 25st each.

should get 130 without trying.

Why are 197's so slow after 100mph, My ctr pulled all the way to 150mph and it had a low ratio gearbox aswell,

personally I dont see the need to go above 120mph. The clio will absolutely smash any car around rally tracks because of its superb handling. Numerous times I have had type r's, subarus, a 200sx, focus rs, and a vxr, try and do me on the back roads towards my parents, but hand on heart they dont stand a chance!

Why are 197's so slow after 100mph, My ctr pulled all the way to 150mph and it had a low ratio gearbox aswell,

aero drag basically

for a bit "extra" fold the mirrors in and turn all electrical accessories off :thumbup1: