Tom's 200 Track Toy

Evening all,

It seemed about time that I kept track of progress, although I'm a bit late and plenty has already been done, there is still more I would like to do.
So to the car, it is a 12 plate RS, original purchased as a track toy for myself and my Dad, it was bought with some rear end damage and some other body work issues; unfortunately I don't seem to have any original pictures of it but this is how it sits now.

3_1.jpg

As I said its a track toy for both myself and my Dad, so to start after we addressed the body work problems, suspension and wheels where next on the list, as well as the "obligatory" rear spoiler, and some left over decals from a recent rally.

2.jpg

Last edited:
After a few track days it was quickly decided to strip out the interior to go along with the roll cage and bucket seats, the Clio was then sent away for some business inspired livery, just to add a bit of personality.

5.jpg
4.jpg
6_1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean197 and TrackM3
Well thanks for the interest guys, I have put a few order in for some more track related upgrades which are expected to arrive over the coming weeks, but for now I'm starting to tackle the wiring loom.
Mainly stripping out all the unnecessary parts like cables for interior lights, air bag, speakers etc etc.. its a time consuming process but should give a cleaner look to the interior. I started at the back, mainly unwrapping, stripping then re-routing the loom within the door itself, after that it was just a case of repeating the process - cutting open the loom and removing what was not needed, I still have some finishing up to do and would like to re-route the loom within the internal panels as much as possible, but here's the progress so far.

20170423_162409.jpg

20170423_162421.jpg

20170423_173423.jpg

20170423_173446.jpg

20170423_162409.jpg

Reactions: tombate911
Tom. You will have limited movement on the loom, but should allow it to look more cleaner. The only problem is the big loom connecter in the drivers side sill.
Not wishing to poo on your job, but have you thought how your going to deal with getting rid of all the fault codes from removing air bags, belt tensioners, etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom. You will have limited movement on the loom, but should allow it to look more cleaner. The only problem is the big loom connecter in the drivers side sill.
Not wishing to poo on your job, but have you thought how your going to deal with getting rid of all the fault codes from removing air bags, belt tensioners, etc etc.

I hadn't got around to the drivers side yet, I have already removed the air bags, seat belts and all that lot without any fault codes on the dash, but you have raised a good point, Its something I am going to have to look into, I might even resist stripping it fully and see if there a way I can just hide the majority of it.

I hadn't got around to the drivers side yet, I have already removed the air bags, seat belts and all that lot without any fault codes on the dash, but you have raised a good point, Its something I am going to have to look into, I might even resist stripping it fully and see if there a way I can just hide the majority of it.
How have you managed that lol? I can't drive anywhere without a wonderful bleeping noise for a few mins and lights on the dash!

So a bit of an update,a few packages arrived last week with the latest upgrades for the little Clio.

First up was a rear brace from Ultra Racing, I have seen these fitted before and quite like the look as well as the handling benefits it should offer, I'm holding off fitting this just yet as I want to complete tidying the interior.
Secondly the CAE short shifter arrived, now this I intend to fit sooner rather than later; I know there is a bit of controversy surrounding these shifter's and the stress they may put on the gear box etc etc, but after driving a Clio with one fitted I had to have one, plus . . . . . . just look at it!

20170425_181936.jpg

20170429_115119.jpg

20170429_194001.jpg

The next two additions I did manage to get around to fitting over the weekend, so we have a cat back system from KTR as well as a new inlet, which should make things a bit more tuneful.

20170429_115133.jpg

20170429_143256.jpg

20170429_154800.jpg
20170429_162601.jpg

Reactions: peter
your clio is very lucky to have an owner like you..so many goddies for the little arrow..the ktr cat back system is great..have it on mine and the sound is just great...