Tomislav's Ultra Red 197

You just got it and went straight to the ring, huh? Nice. It's on my list for next year. [emoji3]

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A3003 via Tapatalk

On my list as well for next year, a lot of 197s there in general. I hope to find time to go to some Swedish track days this year as I think our cars suit our smaller tracks very well. Been a few years since I've driven i Sweden.

Oh yes, oh yes [emoji41] Now I need to figure out if I'm mounting them myself or letting a pro do it.cef54d41d471206dcd5a5175c6ee46d9.jpg

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A3003 via Tapatalk

Reactions: Don Hog
Man, changing dampers on these things is much more challenging than the how-to's suggest, especially if the bolts and nuts haven't been touched since the car left the factory. Took me two days to get one damper off the car (keep in mind that I work in my back yard with hand tools only) and then couldn't get the top mount off. :rage: Ordered new top mounts and put everything together again so I can drive the car in the mean time. However, now I have play in the steering because I cant get the nut holding the steering rod to the hub all the way on.

Luckily I'm on vacation so I have time for this! :tearsofjoy:

Good news then, Vertical or horizontal link? Horizontals are quite expensive. Stupid expensive..

Good news then, Vertical or horizontal link? Horizontals are quite expensive. Stupid expensive..
One of the horizontal ones. Yes, they are. They could've designed the suspension with the same link in both positions. Then we'd have only one part number made in greater quantities and at a lower price but this is Renault we're talking about... :rage:

I found genuine TRW horizontal links from amazon.co.uk, some special price. 30£ including delivery for both sides :blush:

So I finally had a chance to take her for a spin with the b14's fitted. What I noticed first was how much firmer the ride was and how little the car rolls and dives now. For me, this is how it should've been setup from the factory, it is stiff but not uncomfortably stiff. Also the fact that it doesn't look like a rally car anymore is an added bonus.

Now I don't really have good roads where I can go balls out around here but I have roundabouts of different sizes and what I noticed going through those is a better bite at the front and more feedback coming through the steering wheel. I cannot wait to get her to a track again and see how she does with these bad boys on!

Reactions: sevenfourate
Silly me. Didn't measure the distance between the center of the wheels and the wheel wells so now I have zero clue on how much I lowered it. :chair: Does anyone here have these measurements for a stock FF 197?