Told my boss to shove it after 14yrs :(

As it says i have been in my job as a cycle shop manager doing mechanic/sales, had enough so i am going it alone as a mobile cycle mechanic, its not a big city where i am so theres no traveling 10 miles to do a tube for £10
what i am asking guys is if you could like my page on facebook i know it will mean nawt to all of you as none of you lot are from round here but it will help boost my like and help me out, hopefully it does not get to the point where i have to sell the megane :worried:
anyhow
www.facebook.com/bikefixgrimsby
that link should work :smile:

Liked it!

Not sure if it's the same but if Megan ever leaves the hair salon she works in she can't advertise or take any of her current clients from the salon as she can be used for it for taking business away.

Was just saying as I saw on your Facebook page that you said if you had been to your old work it was probably you that did the work for them, maybe something to have a look at to avoid future trouble?

Liked it!

Not sure if it's the same but if Megan ever leaves the hair salon she works in she can't advertise or take any of her current clients from the salon as she can be used for it for taking business away.

Was just saying as I saw on your Facebook page that you said if you had been to your old work it was probably you that did the work for them, maybe something to have a look at to avoid future trouble?

Sounds like scare tactics that to be honest mate, your old employer can't tell you what to do once you've left. If your missus was to leave and set up by herself, its all fair game :smile:

I've been watching a sh't load of Suits because I love that programme.

And they're always on about leaving and taking clients. But you can't if you sign a 'non-compete'. Im assuming this exists IRL so if you haven't signed said document, you're good to go?!

I never had a contract all the time i was there, and yep loads of people will come directly to me but nawt he can do as i could "word" it differently ie: work for 14yr at a well known bike shop down pasture st, so thanks for the warning but i should be safe

Sounds like scare tactics that to be honest mate, your old employer can't tell you what to do once you've left. If your missus was to leave and set up by herself, its all fair game :smile:

Well I thought it sounded silly too but it is in her contract that was written up by a solicitor so I'm not sure.

I never had a contract all the time i was there, and yep loads of people will come directly to me but nawt he can do as i could "word" it differently ie: work for 14yr at a well known bike shop down pasture st, so thanks for the warning but i should be safe

No worries, hope it works out :smile:

Well I thought it sounded silly too but it is in her contract that was written up by a solicitor so I'm not sure.

I have a similar thing in mine that's says I'm not allowed to work for a competitor, I suppose to protect their intellectual property but it's not really enforceable.

Customers are fair game though, just because it's drafted by a lawyer, doesn't mean it would stand up in court. A little bit cheeky of the employer!!

Anyway, a little off topic, best of luck in your new venture pal!!!

Depends if its in her work contract.

Done. Do you know where i could get cheap bikes. Iv been looking a while at specialized status or kona operator

If you are looking at the speccy status i.e long travel or downhill bike why not go the whole hog and get a good second hand demo 8, flawless bike imo.