Not what I was told!

I have had my 11 plate 200 for a year now having bought it from Renault Leicester , it is a full fat with a cup pack well that is what I was told, it has the red calipers and they are the factory paint not resprayed,

As I am considering getting coil overs I have been reading through suspension threads and have noticed comments that cup springs have a blue and orange dot, well having had my wheels off for brake striping and cleaning a few times I know that my springs have a blue and purple dot. Would this mean I have non cup springs?

When asking why the previous owner had traded in the car before i bought it the salesman said that the guys wife did not like the ride of the cup suspension, so they traded it in for a non cup'd Megane, this would possible suggest that maybe the guy got it change from cup to non but the wife still didn't like it and so they traded it in.

So basically is blue and purple dots the markings for non cup springs?

If Gordini's are non-cups, then you have a non cup'd chassis.

Mine is a non-cup, but it's too dark to look at the moment; but I'm sure someone will back it up.

I'd be toward the dealers in the morning if I were in your shoes...

Also;
The steering rack is quicker on a cup - something else for you to complain you don't have; thinking it was a cup'd FF

197 cups springs are blue and orange, 200s have different colours (as they have a different spring rate)

Don't panic, i think you probably do have cup springs, but someone will confirm.

197 cups springs are blue and orange, 200s have different colours (as they have a different spring rate)

Don't panic, i think you probably do have cup springs, but someone will confirm.

Right thanks Chris, just seeing all the threads with cup springs have blue and orange dots got me a bit worried! Hopefully someone will be able to confirm this.

if you're wanting to change suspension then it doesn't matter surely? I deliberately chose non cup versions of my 172 and 197 as they were always going to be modified, so having the upgraded version would have been a waste

if its factory cup set up it will have the quicker steering rack and stiffer rear ARB so worth having even if changing the suspension later

if you're wanting to change suspension then it doesn't matter surely? I deliberately chose non cup versions of my 172 and 197 as they were always going to be modified, so having the upgraded version would have been a waste

Yes your right with the aspect that It don't matter with regards to the suspensions as I am looking to change anyway, I could also be heading your way to get it done as I'm looking at Spax coil overs :smile:

But there was still the principle of the dealer lying and make up the story to try and sell the car to me as he knew I wanted a cup packed full fat. Plus the stiffer ABS and quicker rack is a plus.

But yea I was wrong to worry and all is good now :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions