Today is new RS200 day! :)

B

Bootsock

Well, the wait seems to have flown by since ordering, but today's the day I (hopefully) get to meet my RS200 for the first time.

Fingers crossed! :smiley:

Nice one :biggrin:

I keep thinking about putting mine in for a brand new one, too much money a.t.m. though :worried:

Excited much????? Lol

I know I would be bouncing off the walls and wouldn't have slept last night haha! :tongueout:anic:

Just want to get there now, still two hour drive away...

Oddly enough I was up at 5am! LOL

Nimbus RS200 FF
Cup chassis
Cornering lights
RenaultSport Monitor Pack
Folding mirrors

... I'm sure that I've forgotten something, but never mind!

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen too many 200's in Nimbus so it will be good when you get the photos up!

Def get some pics up when you can! I've just seen a 200 in black that looked brand new. It was a 60 plate and not far from the dealer, so it could well have been!

Have you got it yet?? :smile:

Oh and where abouts in Lancashire are you? Getting common these 200's up here in the NW! :wink:

There were three at today's NW meet, the most I've seen in one place, on the road, ever! :smile:

A Gordini, Maz's LY and my GW. Was good to see a variety of colours too! :thumbup:

the north west meet needs to come MORE north west, lol. it's 100 mile to lancaster for me ha ha ha

LOL, like that meet I went to 3 week ago - 260 miles each way for me :wink::wink:

Over time there will be more and more people joining all over the place :smile:

PICS PICS PICS of the new car too please :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Bet he's driving none stop all night tonight too :wink:

Just wow!

Apologies for the late update, after a 400 mile round trip to pick up the car I still had to fit some other general 'life' type practicalities in today.

First off, I have to say that Nimbus was a complete gamble for me as a colour, having never seen it before (in fact I've still only actually seen two RS200s up to now, one white, one LY, both of which I thought looked excellent) and I was always a little unsure after seeing what few pictures I could find on the 'net. And I didn't really want a silver car! :lol:

As soon as I (finally) got to the garage to pick up the car from a large dealership, it stood out a mile which car was mine amongst all the other brands and cars as it just looked superb and stood out by a mile!

Needless to say, I am so glad that I went for Nimbus, to me at least, it's in the same league as the LY Clio I saw and it made me realise why I was never sure about it after simply seeing pictures of the colour; pictures just don't do the it justice. The colour just never looks the same, it really does changes with the light, angle, etc. and it really works with the cars shapes. It looks brilliant and had a lot to live up to after the Mito.

Needless to say I'm chuffed to bits with the car, it's just brilliant, I could waffle on about it for ages already...

...apart from the lights! Cornering lights - very good. Full beam - really good. 'Normal' dipped beam - rubbish! :lol:

Noteworthy mentions must go to Eddie from Perrys of Aylesbury, who has been superb at every stage. I have to admit I was a little worried about buying a car at distance and from such a large dealer network, but the quality I have had has been second to none, communication was superb, I was always getting updates via email, text and over the phone about progress, where the car was in manufacture, shipping, anything they needed from me, etc. Just brilliant; I would recommend him / them without a doubt. Price was superb (hence the dealership choice initially), the car was early and overall everything was hassle free, almost too easy. The bonus of all this distance buying is that at the end of it, you get one epic initial trip home.

Pictures will follow as it went dark more than half way home and the car is also now far from clean due to a 'fun' rather than 'quick' trip home.

I can't wait to get a couple more 00's onto the mileage and I'm so glad now that I bit the bullet and went for the Clio, it's good to be back in one and I'm really happy with the options, especially the RenaultSport Monitor - just why isn't this standard kit, it's great!?! :smile:

:cloud9: