To Recaro or Not to Recaro?

Recaros all the way IMO, I'm quite tall so the high driving position kind of affects me but I suppose I got used to it:smile:

I don't think this is the place to bash other people's choices. Everybody has got his own taste, and who are we to judge them on that? I just wanted some serious opinions on this matter, so let's stick to that, ok?

Haha thats me told :bye2:

I <3 you really Reaper...

even if you have got crap seats

The ones in 197 look great but material is made out of tissue paper!!!!! Make sure you get some Recaro seat covers

Pah! Stealth Look > old man grey anyday :wink:

Don't blame you on the price though, absolute joke what Renault charge for them, though they are good seats...Mmmmmmmm

Pah! Stealth Look > old man grey anyday :wink:

Don't blame you on the price though, absolute joke what Renault charge for them, though they are good seats...Mmmmmmmm

Coilovers > Recaros. IMO anyway.

Plus I preferred the Carbon Fibre backed Misanos in my old cup, better riding position, looks, material and bolster quality!

Not that i'm jealous or anything.

At all.

In the slightest.

Ok maybe a bit :worried:

I have the standard seats in my 197 and they are great, and really supportive... can't remember which magazine it was but one actually said these were THE best car seats, which I think says it all. HOWEVER the recaros look far nicer and I'd swap mine for recaros anyday. Just depends if you're willing to pay the Renault prices for them, but if you're not then don't feel like you're going to have crap seats because that's really not the case.

I have the standard seats in my 197 and they are great, and really supportive... can't remember which magazine it was but one actually said these were THE best car seats, which I think says it all. HOWEVER the recaros look far nicer and I'd swap mine for recaros anyday. Just depends if you're willing to pay the Renault prices for them, but if you're not then don't feel like you're going to have crap seats because that's really not the case.

When spec'ing a new car the Recaros are somewhat of a bargain at that £850 asking price compared to the £1000 plus per seat afterwards.

The majority seems to be preferring the Recaros. But the wear issue is holding me off, so I'll think I'll leave them for what they are and use the money saved for paying for (most of) the leather upholstery on the regular seats. Thanks everybody for your input!

Maybe I'm a bit late on this one but.....

I don't have recaro's, even though I kinda wish I did as they look superb and do probably make your car that little bit more desirable if you ever came to selling up. But on the other hand they seem to have no obvious beneficial effect on residuals and the wear issues seem to be a constant bug to owners where as I've not even had a broken weave on the standard set.

They are also very comfortable, but not noticeably so over the standard seats, just different (almost everyone I've ever had as a passenger says "oooh, nice comfy seats"). And once that right boot hits the floor not once have I ever thought to myself during a trackday out on a run "recaro's would have made this better".

As with most trim options it's mostly down to personal choice at the end of the day.

Get them. Ive said before that id like to be lower in them tbh but not that they are too high in the first place.

As N0ddie said they are half the car without them imo.

As for wear issues ive done 25k in my clio and it had mint Recaros when i picked it up all that time ago......my Recaros are still mint. Just be careful about how you get in and out of the car. I honestly dont see how some people have such an issue with keeping them in good condition!

great seats BUT ......they wear to easily and when you look at the way they are made and put together they are actually alot of money for what they are and finally are mounted to high or should i say dont lower enough!

The seating is too high, if its the only car you drive its not a problem but swapping between my misses 182 with bucket and the 197 makes me feel awkwardly high and spoils the drive somewhat.

Also if you look at the normal seats the bolstering and material is near identical, the only part your paying £800+ for is to switch the STD headrest for the harness loops.

I had a 197 with standard seats and now a 200 with Recaro.

The seating position is higher but I have no gripes with it now I'm used to it. I have done 12k and there isn't any wear on the seats at all and I treat it like normal.

Now the important bit. I'm slim build and the standard seats never gave enough support especially on track but the recaros are much better. Not perfect but if they made it any tighter alot of people wouldn't fit in it.

My opinon is to get them as you'll always want them.

I love the Recaros (have driven in them a fair bit in my mate's R27) but I've just bought a 197 without them and was surprised how good the standard seats are. Combined with them going lower, I wouldn't swap them (unless someone gave them to me for free).

The best thing about the Recaros is they look totally awesome and harden up the whole image of the Clio 8)

Just fitted mine last night so another point i will add to this debate:

The standard seats ARE lighter. I didnt weight them but i couldnt lift the Recaros on my own, where-as i could lift the standard seats. They are both heavy mind, just one heavier than the other :wink:

Its also harder getting out of the car with the Recaros in the works carpark! I think i might resort to sliding them as far back every time before getting out as i can understand why the bolsters wear in the way they do.

Just fitted mine last night so another point i will add to this debate:

The standard seats ARE lighter. I didnt weight them but i couldnt lift the Recaros on my own, where-as i could lift the standard seats. They are both heavy mind, just one heavier than the other :wink:

Its also harder getting out of the car with the Recaros in the works carpark! I think i might resort to sliding them as far back every time before getting out as i can understand why the bolsters wear in the way they do.

are you sure over the seat weight......think when i changed mine it was the other way round - the recaros are mainly plastic and a bit of metal and only 1 air bag - the standard seats are very heavy ;/