To cup or not to cup...?

id get cup mate cus its not only firmness in suspension u get. those lovely red calipers. although u could have my brembos (red ones) if you wanted them ive got wilwoods now. ermm also u get 30mm lower ride height standard . so it looks better. non cups look too high and the wheels look tiny.

id get cup mate cus its not only firmness in suspension u get. those lovely red calipers. although u could have my brembos (red ones) if you wanted them ive got wilwoods now. ermm also u get 30mm lower ride height standard . so it looks better. non cups look too high and the wheels look tiny.

Cheers for the offer, much appreciated, I'll keep that in mind.

At the minute I'm just waiting to see what the offer on the Mito is to see if the Clio is a go-er or not.

Edging more towards cup than not at the moment! :thumbup:

... bloody option list is getting silly at this rate! :confused1:

If there's anyone with a cup chassis knocking about near Lancs' / Manchester I'd very much appreciate a run out in one, as a passenger of course! :smile:

Ah, handy! I can go past Stockport on the way home from work if need be...

Just a quick update for the benefit of anyone else facing the same dilemma.

I tried a Clio FF with the cup chassis fitted today and to say I'm impressed is an understatement. I tried the car over a mix of roads and motorway, it's no more harsh than the Mito but absolutely runs rings around it in terms of quality, I'd even say it actually feels more refined. Even over some fairly bad surfaces it was fine and certainly not the 'teeth rattler' that I thought it may be.

After trying it, I'd have to say to that it would be madness not to spec' one! :smile:

Gotta be cup packed. Also has a quicker steering rack to add to the list of why you should have it, people often forget that one. Makes a difference

I suppose that everyone who has cup chassis will say you should and everyone who hasn't will say no. Personally, I have a standard 197 FF and I think the suspension is firm enough for British roads. But having said that, the car sits too high and the red brembo calipers do look bettet.
So do you prefer comfort over looks? But all options can be added with mods after anway. If I was braver and had more money then I'd have mine lowered.

I have neither, I'm looking to buy a 197 in the near future but from what I have been told and researched I have decided to go for the cup chasis.

The main reason being that I'm after a weekend possible track day toy that I don't want to spend too much on.

The way I see it is if I bought a cup, whether it be a 197 or a 200, all I would have to to it would be the exhaust, de cat and panel filter and not have to spend money on aftermarket suspension.

The cup chasis is a must for me matey.

Id say go for the cup.

Good lad!!!!!!!!

What is the rest of the spec???

Just realised I never replied to this!

200 FF + cup chassis in Nimbus (a gamble as I've never seen it!)
Cornering lights
Monitor
Folding mirrors

Decided against Recaros and speedlines in the end as I could get them later if necessary and subsequently sell them on if I got rid of the car rather than just losing out on the options cost completely.

I suppose that everyone who has cup chassis will say you should and everyone who hasn't will say no. Personally, I have a standard 197 FF and I think the suspension is firm enough for British roads. But having said that, the car sits too high and the red brembo calipers do look bettet.
So do you prefer comfort over looks? But all options can be added with mods after anway. If I was braver and had more money then I'd have mine lowered.

Can't add a quicker steering rack very easily!

My dislike of the cup increased further the other day!

I just can't believe they fit such a poor steering wheel in comparison to the FF!

How can the "drivers" car loose part of the thing that makes the 200 so nice to drive! It's backwards!!!

Yeah the wheel is a bit of a let down! I think that must be where all of the cost saving goes! Glad to see you made a good choice with the FF + Cup chassis option! IMO it is the best way to do it, by far!

Oh and don't worry about the Nimbus colour, it is very nice to look at! Not to everyones taste though as it is a bit pale in comparison to the other bright colours but at least it will attract less unwanted attention!