Thoughts...

It's down to luck to be honest their was a pole on replacement boxs if I remember their were more original than replacement boxs so you have a higher chance of no problems

I do have to say though - that if buying even a late 200.....which is now 4 years old minimum; your chances of coming across lower ball joint, exhaust manifold or gearbox problems (One or all of the above) in even a couple of years ownership are high.

And these are the 3 most costly problems to rectify.

You could even argue a potentially older well kept car from an enthusiast with these 3 problems already done - might be a better buy long-term. As opposed to a newer 200 where none of these issues have actually reared their ugly heads yet. Possibly.

I dont know of the running costs / normal problems of a Civic Type R, Fiesta ST or comparable hot-hatch........

I do have to say though - that if buying even a late 200.....which is now 4 years old minimum; your chances of coming across lower ball joint, exhaust manifold or gearbox problems (One or all of the above) in even a couple of years ownership are high.

And these are the 3 most costly problems to rectify.

You could even argue a potentially older well kept car from an enthusiast with these 3 problems already done - might be a better buy long-term. As opposed to a newer 200 where none of these issues have actually reared their ugly heads yet. Possibly.

I dont know of the running costs / normal problems of a Civic Type R, Fiesta ST or comparable hot-hatch........
@sevenfourate what year you talking about????

@sevenfourate what year you talking about????

No idea really Kev. But as i said a late 200 (Circa 2012) may not have had these problems occur yet. So whilst you think your buying a late car and ownership will be painless - if the 3 big known faults happened in the 1st year: Its gonna be an expensive one !

IF you bought say a 2010 where these problems had happened - AND BEEN FIXED - then although the car is 2 years older. It may be the better purchase effectively.

Just a thought...........

No idea really Kev. But as i said a late 200 (Circa 2012) may not have had these problems occur yet. So whilst you think your buying a late car and ownership will be painless - if the 3 big known faults happened in the 1st year: Its gonna be an expensive one !

IF you bought say a 2010 where these problems had happened - AND BEEN FIXED - then although the car is 2 years older. It may be the better purchase effectively.

Just a thought...........
My 10 plate was a F nightmare mind you it got me 3K off my Meg

And that presumably was a few years ago.

So effectively the same as owning a 2012 year 200 now; or thereabouts.................. :smile: