Thought i might pop down to Jerez for a lazy Saturday....

.... bit of a queue though...

DSC_0029.jpg

... hmmmm.....

DSC_0030.jpg

..oh look, we appear to be in the pit lane ... (..OMFG !!!!!!!..)

DSC_0055.jpg

...hmmm, some bloke with sign saying pit next lap ....

DSC_0065.jpg

... OMFG !!!!!!!!!! .....

DSC_0070.jpg

...think i'm gonna scream like a little school girl.....

DSC_0081.jpg

:jump1::jump1:

..... balls, no pics allowed in the McLaren garage :glare::glare::glare: ..... suffice to say Lewis was pushed into the garage, all the barriers where put up outside and we were invited in to see the lads working on the car whilst Lewis patiently sat in the car waiting to go back out again. Slightly annoying i must admit, as good as it was to be stood there, no more than a few meters away from Lewis, i had absolutely nothing on me apart from my trusty Nikon D90 with 18-200mm lens! Back in the hire car i had his autobiography and pen all ready for him to sign it, but because of long queues into the circuit and a 5 minute sprint to the meeting place, i had left it in the boot of the car ..... totally gutted but at the same time on cloud 9 to be stood in front of the car that Lewis was now sat in and close enough to touch it... kinda :wallbang: but :jump all at the same time...

...pffft.

I guess at this point i should let on that i had been invited down by McLaren to Jerez for a tour of the paddock - and wow, as a life long McLaren fan what an experience it was, and something i will take to the grave with me, for that i am sure. Unfortunately with no photos allowed in the garage i guess all i can do is put a few more up of the rest of the day....

... few red bull trucks maybe??

DSC_0093.jpg

One Renault F1 truck, a very rare sight! ...

DSC_0094.jpg

Mercedes ....

DSC_0101.jpg

....sod it, time for some track action.... :jump1:

DSC_0105.jpg

:god: :god: :god: :lol:

DSC_0134.jpg

Hekki.....

DSC_0138.jpg

:chair::chair::chair:

DSC_0148.jpg

oh yeah......

DSC_0158.jpg

Current World Champion (make the most of it :tongueout: ) :lol: ...

DSC_0161.jpg

So after some time me and Jo (My Fiancée... ) decided to head upto the roof of the garages .... and this was LOUD!

DSC_0297.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0303.jpg

Vettel into the pit lane ....

DSC_0370.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

Alonso...

DSC_0385.jpg

Schumacher...

DSC_0418.jpg

DSC_0454.jpg

DSC_0457.jpg

.oh ..... :innocent:

DSC_0475.jpg

DSC_0480.jpg

So we decided to join the masses ... think i saw two other McLaren shirts for the rest of the day....

DSC_0482.jpg

DSC_0550.jpg

Schumacher again....

DSC_0650.jpg

DSC_0655.jpg

'come one Jo, keep up..... :shout: :biggrin:

DSC_0670.jpg

DSC_0724.jpg

DSC_0727.jpg

DSC_0730.jpg

DSC_0733.jpg

DSC_0749.jpg

DSC_0775.jpg

DSC_0798.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DSC_0831.jpg

Hope you enjoyed - COME ON LEWIS!!!!!!!!

DSC_0846.jpg

I'm so excited for the Formula 1 season to return!! These are some wicked pics and I'm very jealous. Definitely DON'T want the Mclaren's to do well this season. I normally like the Ferrari's but I don't like either of their current drivers (bring back Kimi!). So I'm cheering on my past fave Schumacher this season!

Thanks .... a very exciting day indeed!!!!

I still cannot believe i got that close to Lewis and had nothing to sign, it would have been cheeky to have asked him but it would have been so worth it if he had ... :drool:

:biggrin:

How the hell do you manage to get an invite from McLaren!?
I hate you :wink:
Brilliant pics, and with you all the way on McLaren!
You going to any GP's this year?

I won the February competition for members of Team McLaren - basically their fan club, here's a link....

http://mclaren.com/fans-and-members?url=http://www.mclaren.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

They run a monthly competition with various prizes. They also give you the chance to have a Paddock Tour if your attending a specific GP - you just let them know which your attending and if your lucky enough you'll get an invite like i did :smile:

The members forum is abit disappointing, old software and not very busy, from what i can make out alot of people simply go on their Facebook page because its free, though of course you dont get the competitions and invites to GP's and McLaren Technology Centre open days like you do if your a paid member :smile:

Brilliant pictures, jealous much!!! :smiley:

What's the deal with the Force India having a periscope on top of the airbox though!?! :smiley:

I couldn't have been trusted in that garage, that McLaren would've been dryhumped to within an inch of it's life.

Some of the cars had extended aerials and some didn't, its pretty hilly so whether that was the reason why i don't know??!

I'm still gutted i didn't have my book for Lewis to sign :worried::worried::worried:

:thumbup:
I won the February competition for members of Team McLaren - basically their fan club, here's a link....

http://mclaren.com/fans-and-members?url=http://www.mclaren.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

They run a monthly competition with various prizes. They also give you the chance to have a Paddock Tour if your attending a specific GP - you just let them know which your attending and if your lucky enough you'll get an invite like i did :smile:

The members forum is abit disappointing, old software and not very busy, from what i can make out alot of people simply go on their Facebook page because its free, though of course you dont get the competitions and invites to GP's and McLaren Technology Centre open days like you do if your a paid member :smile:

hmmmm, interesting

Wow Rich, that is absolutely amazing. Im extremely jealous. Would have loved to get down to the first days testing of the McLaren.