200: This years MOT comes to! ...

Got to agree on the tyres! Don't keep the cheapo ones on for too long!

They are literally the only point of contact your car has with the road...

Please don't put ditch finders on your pride and joy!!

Agree with this quote! If you are doing more miles surely you should buy a decent set of tyres! As also said, it's the only part that keeps you in contact with the road! Plus you can't exploit the chassis on these cars with budgets on it!

Sounds like you bought the wrong car mate!

IMO you shouldn't have to wait for a MOT to know that you've got illegal/unsafe tyres fitted.

If anything, doing a lot of miles means that you should be using higher quality tyres!

IMO you shouldn't have to wait for a MOT to know that you've got illegal/unsafe tyres fitted.

If anything, doing a lot of miles means that you should be using higher quality tyres!

Agree with you all.

Issue being that I have just moved to Wiltshire and until this month, money has been a tad.. short. I'm alright and on my feet now so a bit of TLC will be coming to the Gordini.

I'm getting it Remapped in Jan as the 2-3K flatspot is a bloody nightmare and it worries me that it is running lean. I took @dajones 's exhaust off his hands for him. Then I'm getting a race battery, with an isolator switch and relocated to the boot. Then it'll be new Tyres and Alloys in one.

The alloys I have on now, Raider I believe, are scratched to ****, so I'm thinking of getting some White speedlines to go with the Gordini's colour scheme. Although, I'd like lightweight alloys, I've heard they're not good for the road as they can bend easily. Some AD08R's will be put on the Speedlines then. For the winter, I think budgets are fine. I can't really exploit it in the winter anyway, it's a tad bit dangerous around here. So essentially I'll have a set of budget tyres on the scratched up alloys for the winter, then a set of speedlines with good rubber for the summer. That's the plan, anyway.

I do a lot of running back and forth to Swansea from Chippenham to it makes sense to me to slap budgets on for the winter, what do you think?

Last edited:
wont repeat what others have said already..hope you manage to get a decent set though...

Id be investing in winter tyres if your commuting a lot in the winter months long distances, not budgets...

Yeah budget tyres, I really don't see the appeal... Yes they are cheaper, but at what cost to your safety? You don't have to be driving fast to need quality tyres. As others have said, if you're doing a lot of miles then it's better to get the best rubber you can afford.

Budgets might be better in the wet that semi slicks Indunno. But i have NS-2Rs for summer and Uniroyal rainsport 3s for winter after some seriously sketchy moments on summer tyres last winter! Just be careful mate..