this really annoyed me

aaron-rs197

Paid Member
need to vent frustration! on a single carriageway doing nat speed limit (60) and a couple of bellends in a Nova GSi (guessing it was a redtop jobbie as it feckin shifted) decided to turn around and come chasing after me for what i can only guess was to try and show me just how much quicker his crappy smokey nova was than my clio. He overtook me (getting as close as he could to me) and the ocado wagon in front of me and just managed to squeeze past the vauxhall agila that was in front of that almost smashing into the car coming the other way which didnt move over (not sure why) but he beeped and flashed etc. when i say squeeze past i mean literally squeeze between the agila and oncoming car. if it wasnt a skinny little nova then who knows what would of happened. really pissed me off that he risked the lives of others and also his machine just to try and prove something to someone he doesn't even know. seems to be more of these idiots on roads nowadays. dont recall seeing as much ****ty driving 5-10 years ago. its almost a daily thing now. if its not some **** in an Audi/BMW on the motorway its some scum bag in a nova/corsa/focus st on country A roads.

Last edited:
Agreed, I've seen some shocking driving recently. Although, I must include that is has also been a few Clio's too.

I can't say much for my driving but I do try to be aware of other people as much as possible. I don't do anything silly if there are people about. If I lose it, I don't want anyone else involved.

Some real bellends on the roads. So this nob overtook 3 cars who were all doing the speed limit just to prove a point?

I always seem to invite idiots in 1.2clios with exhausts that you can fit your head in to challenge me to a race. I mean what do these clowns think? Are they trying to annoy me or do they genually think that there 60hp thing is any match?

I think people see these clios and think your racers or something. I mean ive seen a couple of idiots behind the wheel of 197 but vast majority are decent drivers.

Twice in one day last week I seen unbelivable overtakes.

One was within 20 meters of a roundabout, he nearly crashed into an oncoming car turning off the roundabout.

The other was the worlds slowest overtake of 3 cars that were already doing the speed limit, a lorry had to mount grass on an A road to allow him the gap for the last car.

its almost a daily thing now. if its not some **** in an Audi/BMW on the motorway its some scum bag in a nova/corsa/focus st on country A roads.

This ^^ There's a 5 Series Derv with a serious ego-issue I've had up my arse a few times now, started driving a different way home from work just to avoid his triple-figure willy-waving and near-death overtakes.

Fast Audis and BMWs love to try show my clio up, they get awful embarrassed in the twisties. As Colin Macrae said;

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers."

Couldn't put it better.