This Advert gets my goat

Have you guys see the Advert for the Army for New recruits but they are laying guys off this REALLY FMOFF##### :chair:

Was thinking this the other day Kev!

Really have no idea whats going on, budget cuts through-out the forces and they still have recruiting adverts in the media.

So backwards its unbelievable!

It's not frontline troops that are being made redundant though is it? I'm sure the ones that are volunteering for redundancy will have had the opportunity to become infantry soldiers but no-one is going to do that are they?

It's not frontline troops that are being made redundant though is it? I'm sure the ones that are volunteering for redundancy will have had the opportunity to become infantry soldiers but no-one is going to do that are they?

You'd be surprised Chris. I remember reading something about soldiers who haven't been on active deployment wanting to get out there as it is what they have trained for and some on active deployment wanting to return but have to see out their tour.

It just doesn't make a lot of sense to make people redundant, take on new untrained soldiers and then have to pay for their training.

80% of the people being layed off have volunteered for it. I would presume they got a nice redundancy package and still keep their pensions.

TBH I'm not really too worried about it, we're pulling out of Afganistan so the forces will naturally need to be re-structured anyway. It does seem like odd timing for an ad campaign about recruiting, but maybe they're just trying to show people its not all doom and gloom?

Have you guys see the Advert for the Army for New recruits but they are laying guys off this REALLY FMOFF##### :chair:

100% agree!!!

what a business plan it is when you think about it!!!

make redundancies and pay out extra money and then advertise for new recruits....you can tell the mod isnt really using their own money as if it was your own business you wouldnt do it....

just like the stupid morans that gave me the push....now they are recruiting :whatever:

It no doubt works out cheaper to take on new recruits, train them and pay them on new t&c's than it does to keep existing soldiers. This is not just happening in the army, look at the privatisation of the Air sea rescue and the many newly trainned but now redundant fighter pilots in the RAF.

The MOD have absolutely no loyalty towards members of the forces, in a lot of respects the government do see them as cannon foder, expendable, which is awful but probably also part of the reason they dont bother to equip them with the right equipment, APC's or guns, SA80 anyone. You've only got to looK back in recent history to see how the wrong spending decisions affect those on the front line.

Unfortunately the number crunchers in Whitehall arnt affected by any of their decisions so it will always continue the way it is.

It no doubt works out cheaper to take on new recruits, train them and pay them on new t&c's than it does to keep existing soldiers. This is not just happening in the army, look at the privatisation of the Air sea rescue and the many newly trainned but now redundant fighter pilots in the RAF.

last time i checked making redundancies and then later recruiting in to that role is against employment law/regs unless the mod is an "exception" :001_huh:

last time i checked making redundancies and then later recruiting in to that role is against employment law/regs unless the mod is an "exception" :001_huh:

The armed forces are exempt from employment law, they also have exemption from the disability discrimination act.