Then and Now

My Albis Progress

Thought id post a proper progress thread as i have all different threads for different things and thought it will better having them all in one so i can add more in the furture.

I brought my clio in october originally for my wife as her puma had finally given up, she like the clio but she really wanted a focus st so i got her one of those and had the clio to myself,

Having its pre purchase check,
clio054.jpg

the wifes ST I hadx to get her (how ungratfull lol)
mojo018.jpg

The clio after its first clean by myself,
clio197025.jpg
clio197023.jpg
clio197024.jpg
clio197021.jpg
clio197020.jpg
clio197015.jpg
clio197011.jpg

I was just getting used to the clio for the first few weeks and was loving the handling and the way it looked, but i thought it was missing a rear spoiler so looked around for a spoiler, i looked at the cup spoiler but it was abit too over the top i just wanted something abit more subtle so went for the dynamique one,
spoiler082.jpg
phone043.jpg
phone042.jpg

I aslo liked the r27 bumper decals so i managed to get hol of a set off ebay so on they went (soon came off about 4 monthes after tho)
phone045.jpg

I loved the handling of the clio but i wanted to make the stance abit lower, I was on here one evening and came across a set of h&r springs for sale that johnny was selling so £80 later they were mine,
phone046.jpg

Off came the standard stuff on with the lower stuff, a friend of mine at work fitted them for me heres some pics after it was lowered next to his very clean williams,
phone060.jpg
phone059.jpg
phone063.jpg

The one thing thats bad working for renault is that when its dead i have time to brouse through the computer looking at parts, and while doing this came across pics of the renaultsport front splitter so i got one of those lol
003.jpg
004.jpg
pic2005.jpg
pic2006.jpg

Then a few weeks after i got it a tuning company asked to borrow my car so they could develop an indution kit for it (bad mistake) he said it was now running 182bhp and should drive much better, but after taking it to tdf for a remap found out it wasnt running well at all,
phone056.jpg
phone051.jpg
he took all this off
phone052.jpg
mojo014.jpg

was liking the sound of the induction kit but wanted abit more of an exhaust noise so hunted round for an exhaust, i went for a full milltek exhaust as most people reakonmended these,
mojo017.jpg
mojo005.jpg
also fitted these in this time aswell
mojo011.jpg
mojo010.jpg
black cornering headlights
mojo006.jpg
and hids
ma008.jpg

Then matt from TDF was doing an offer for a remap so i jumped at the chance to get more power, took the clio up there on a saturday morning was first car on the rollers, after the first run matt got out and said thats not a well car its not running right, so he went about correcting what he could of the dodgey workman ship the other tuning company did, then remapped it it then ran 178bhp at the fly when he first ran it i think it was only running 160 something, he said that the car had more to give and said that if i put the standard air box back on with a performance panel filter itll run much better so thats what i did, took it back up to matt and was run again on the dyno intinctly it ran nearly 10bhp more it now ran at 187bhp which i was more than happy about,
ma011.jpg

while i was putting the standard air box in i thought id treat it to silicone hoses and a touch of paint,
ma012.jpg
mm003.jpg
and a nice carbon air intake
mm005.jpg
ma010.jpg

Was really enjoying the clio now but was bit by the modifying bug so i started to look abotu for ideas, first thing i liked was people doing different colour diamond badges so i decided to do mine gloss black,
clio3004.jpg
clio3009.jpg
mojo015.jpg

so this began the blue black combo, so i then had the wheels redone in black also the mirrors, and the dash strips
car1011.jpg
mojo016.jpg
mojo009.jpg
also fitted the renaultsport side skirts to finish the bodykit off
clio3002.jpg

I then found at work a renaultsport front grille, the pic i had of it wasnt the best so i wasnt 100% sure what it was going to look like so i took a gamble and ordered it in anyway, when i fitted it i was glad i had ordered it it makes it look abit different up front with out it being too much and also i still havent seen anyone else with one on so is still unique lol
mm001.jpg
mm004.jpg

Then i thought about stripping the car and having it more of a track car so got myself a roll cage, but then shortly after having it painted me and the wife found out we were expecting our 1st baby so that idea went out the window,
car007.jpg
also had the rear strut brace painted to match it
car005.jpg

It was then time to get it ready for my FCS i wanted to do something that would get it some attention but was low in funds so didnt really know what to do, then whil on here one night Jase had put a thread on here of the engine parts he had done in carbon fibre look, so thats what i did i got a box together of all the bits i wanted doing and sent them off to Falk at customiseanything and 2 days later they were sent back to me,
photo1.jpg
engine001.jpg
engine004.jpg
engine007.jpg
engine005.jpg

And thats about it so far, im waiting for my warrenty to run out which is in september then im going to have some head work done also matched manifolds an maybe some cams, but well see how it goes,

Finally just a final pic of my car at FCS
fcs032.jpg

Lol also, i really want to get my wheels done in black now + black wing mirrors. Think i'll go ahead with this.

top work mate!

That mod bug really does get you doesn't it!

My favorite mod of yours has to be that front grille. Makes it look a lot more aggressive somehow...

I do like the grill, I noticed it at FCS and thought it was good. Can you supply? Was it easy to fit?

Mate!!! Just noticed rudie mods. Do you own that. My dad supplys you guys with some stuff.

no mate i live round the corner from it, i work for toomey renault, ive got a few things from rudie modz cheap company good to deal with,

I do like the grill, I noticed it at FCS and thought it was good. Can you supply? Was it easy to fit?

yea i can supply mate i think i priced it up on my price list thread if not ill price it up on monday when i go back to work as im off this week yay!! lol

top work mate!

That mod bug really does get you doesn't it!

My favorite mod of yours has to be that front grille. Makes it look a lot more aggressive somehow...

yeah mod bug really does get you was only going to do a few bits and peices to clio and ended up doin a fair bit more lol, i like the grille coz i havent seen it on any other clio so makes mine a bit more unique, i think (maybe being biased) that my clio looked abit different to everyone elses sunday?? i liked something about everys car on sunday, like ive now completly changed my mind about red, i like the clios that have stayed original, i like the different decals people choose, theres something about everyones car on here i like, just go to show that evryones taste is different and that people should learn to appriciate other peoples ideas and open your eyes more, which i dont usually do.

very nice mate! i love that exhaust.. whats it sound like? have you got any more "face on" of the rear of the car and down low? I want to see how it looks through the rear diffuser if you dont mind :smile: v nice car!