The final plan for my car :(

As you all know, the old girl is going!!

Plan was to take the mods off and part ex as a STD car, no interest really in the mods so I binned that off!

Car will be sold with the engine mods on AND the fancy race dash (as the current dash lookis like a Christmas tree) with the full interior in so Its basically the 197 cup that Renault should have made!!

Plan is to offer it at a price of £10500 for a straight sale or £9700 with a diesl as part ex..... think it should sell for the lower price quite quick, assuming people have a half dec ent part ex to throw in!

Thoughts???

Good luck with the sale mate.

The only problem you have is that you have a limited market so you might struggle to shift it, lets face it most people don’t like modified cars and will always go for a standard one.

Who knows you might find the right buyer who wants a track car :thumbup1:

what reg is it on kev?

not sure if the mods would be a + or - mate

yes those in the know would be a + but other may look at it as if you have screwed it left right and centre and stuck loads of shit on it like some 17 year old corsa 1.2 driver.

if you get what i mean.

when you advertise it, carefully word it saying what work you have done any why to stop them thinking the latter.

True ref the mods I guess but then there is a big Rensport scene and plenty in the know!!

With the mods having also been documented and featured in PFC I think it may help!

Its on a 2008 08 reg mate!

I think the mods will be a plus if you get someone off an owners site mate. I know I'd have no probs with them, especially given that I know the legend that did all the work :smile:

If its someone off the street it maybe a little difficult. Best of luck with the sale mate, it was such a cool car :worried:

True ref the mods I guess but then there is a big Rensport scene and plenty in the know!!

With the mods having also been documented and featured in PFC I think it may help!

Its on a 2008 08 reg mate!

well my ff 03/2008 197 is up at 12K at the stealers and had 25K on the clock, think i got about 10.5K/11 PX can't remember.

so yes if they are in the know then yours is at a price to go quick mate.

down side is you have voided the warranty that may put those who are not in the know off.

for me its at that price to sell to all and worth 1K more to those in the know.

At a guess like...

Aw mate this is still bad news, I cant believe its going!!! Even if someone else gets it, it is still you project and your work and Im sure it wont go to waste!

sad times fella :frown: so far still hanging on to mine and bought an old motor as a run around but that could all change at a moments notice

hope you sell it quickly

good luck with the sale - its never an easy thing getting rid of a car you love and have spent so much time and effort on!

good luck with the sale mate. Hopefully someone will be interested. Its always difficult selling modded cars. Not sure on age or mileage so not sure whether its a good price.

Just a suggestion Kev but get some photos up of how it stands at the minute - it might help people make a decision, we all know your car has been through so many transformations it would be good to know where it is at now....

Lol aye, good idea that, will throw some up later but need the interior back in 1st!!

Dash looks like this.

RaceTechnology%20Dash2%2001.jpg

Matt, its an 08 on average miles, so its a steal at the lower price I want (with a part ex of someone)!!