the clio is going

I have bitched and moaned about my MPG until I drove the Mrs' Land Rover Freelander Auto Diesel. Holy ****, it must have done 90 miles to £30 of diesel. I knew it was a 2 litre heavy car but that was shocking!

I will complain about mine less now :smile:

The mpg is sh.it but I'd rather be getting 25mpg in the 200 than 65mpg in some peice of crap diesel hatchback.

The only thing that winds me up about the low mpg is not that I want more mpg, just the fact that I'd get similar mpg driving an M3 or somethinbg else more powerful.

I don't get how some people get near 40mpg from the clio, in my opinion it's a waste buying a clio 200 and the car rarely seeing the redline.

I don't believe for one second that people who get over 35mpg are changing gears at the shift light, and therefore the cars just getting wasted.

Not revving the 200 is like never taking the car down a bendy road. My girlfriends mum has a TT RS and the car has never been over 3500rpm, it brings a tear to my eye lol

Then again she always tells me how I'm going to blow the engine revving it past 4000rpm....

Last edited: