200: Thanks & Ta-Ta!

Clio is off end of the week after a year of pretty much (a new steering wheel and drivers seat covering under warranty) faultless ownership.

She just wasn't being used as Renaultsport intended so rather than keep it and watch money run down the drain I've chopped her in.

Great car overall but the usual things, fuel consumption, tax etc plus the missus hated the suspension (and it wasn't even a Cup lol) took it's toll and the car hardly gets out of 3rd gear now on daily commute so needs must and all that.

Thanks for a great forum and well done to all the Mods, one of the few forums that seems to be pretty chilled and not full of the 'Mines better (or is that bigger lol) than yours' brigade.

:jase2:

shame to see it go but as long as you're happy. Whats the replacement?

Almost new 2012 model Swift Sport!
Much nicer than the older version and handles and revs really well. Kind of in the same spirit as the Clio tbh.

Still a fun car but half the insurance, almost half the tax and alot better MPG. No brainer really!

Almost new 2012 model Swift Sport!
Much nicer than the older version and handles and revs really well. Kind of in the same spirit as the Clio tbh.

Still a fun car but half the insurance, almost half the tax and alot better MPG. No brainer really!

good choice :smile:

:blush:hmy::worried::worried::worried::bye2::bye2::bye2: sorry to see you go mate but totally understand the reasons why.Get a pic up of your new motor when you can

Good luck with the Swift, they're cracking cars and to be honest I've recently looked at doing the same swap as you but I just couldn't let Nicole go.

Get some photos up of the new girl once she arrives though mate and it'd be good to see you check in on here from time to time still too. :smile:

Thanks chaps. Picking the Swift up Friday afternoon so will get some pics up asap after the weekend. I was well impressed by it on the test drive tbh.

Part-ex on the 200 wasn't amazing but happy with the deal I got in the end.

Love the little Swifts, I really wanted one before I got my Clio. It was about a year before I got the Clio, had a real urge to change my 1.2 Clio. But I decided to wait and got the 197. But I really liked them and they seem even better now. Would like to test drive one to see how good they are.

Good luck with the new motor mate.

My 197 is doing 36mpg at the minute though. Calculated brim to brim, not shabby!

Thanks for all your kind words!

Good luck with the new motor mate.

My 197 is doing 36mpg at the minute though. Calculated brim to brim, not shabby!

Not sure how you are managing that mate lol!
To be fair I can deal with the fuel consumption (previous two cars were even thirstier than the Clio!!) if I was blasting around the back roads and some nice B roads.....but I ain't. Not even close anymore! Just anything 30+mpg I would be happy with now.

Couple of very quick camphone pics of the Swift.

So far very, very impressed with the whole package.

CameraZOOM-20120728135930283.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120728135855081.jpg

Only minus points so far:
Alloy wheel finish is a bit ropey (like every other Jap car I've owned so not unexpected).
Everything slides around in the boot (no biggy and can be sorted pretty easily).

Cheers

Wow the facelift has done wonders to the Swift's first impressions, shame to see you go, needs must I guess!