Tempted by BIG engines.....

vivid white

Platinum Member
I have been looking on AutoTrader at lunch and I am so tempted by all the awesome cars with big engines.

Things like 7 series BMW, Range Rovers, 6 Series BMW, Golf R32 etc etc.......I couldn't afford one for a long period of time but would love to own one for 6 months or so.

You can just get so much car now for what is realistically not a lot of money.

Has anyone else been tempted?

James

One of my friends recently bought a BMW 750 for £1500 it's got a 5.4l V12! And it's the long wheel base version with two car phones, I think it's an R reg. Everything is leather and electric. Great car to be honest :smile:

I think they are brilliant...I also like the 5 series. Thing is I think I'd look a **** driving one because I always associate them with people with money and I haven't got any. Haha.

My mate owns a 2000 540 (4.4l V8 auto). That thing's so comfortable, fast, good fun. But costs a fair bit to fix. Everything is so big, parts cost twice as much as say the equivalent on a Clio. I'm sure you could find something around £2000, high mileage with a fresh MOT which would provide some entertainment for 6 months. Same guy also owns a 2000 M5 which is just a monster.

They do make good value as long as you keep them on the move and don't keep them too long. Buy one with a long MOT and flog it before it's due.

I have been looking on AutoTrader at lunch and I am so tempted by all the awesome cars with big engines.

Things like 7 series BMW, Range Rovers, 6 Series BMW, Golf R32 etc etc.......I couldn't afford one for a long period of time but would love to own one for 6 months or so.

You can just get so much car now for what is realistically not a lot of money.

Has anyone else been tempted?

James
get a R32 then when you get sick of it stick the engine in your clio,now that would be nice!

I've just got another mr2, with a 3.0 v6 in it. I can't believe how well it goes for an engine out or a Toyota camry!
Mpg is laughable though... Lol.

Stu.