Temp gauge

richandgem

Platinum Member
Can someone take a pic of their temp gauge when the cars up to temp and post it up for me? I think ours is sitting low and want to check.

Yup never gets to halfway for me either. I am sure it has been discussed in detail before (BenR1 maybe???) and everyone seems to have the same. Always sits between 1/4 and 1/2. If its not getting that far or is around the other side then you may have a problem otherwise I wouldn't worry!

We can't be having two sick LY's in your household lol!

mines the same although if I drive hard (above 6000 rpm for a period of 5 - 10 minutes) or if I idle in the sun it'll go to half way

could be coolant temp sensor playin up. Mines sittin lower than normal and keeps goin up n down erractically.

This was discussed in detail on the old site, I had big headaches for months with this!!!

Mine always warmed up and sat perfectly in the middle regardless of idle or thrashing it, however one morning I used the car and it sat at 1/3 gauge and only went to half when I sat idle for abit or thrashed it.

Once there it would drop to below 1/3 before going back up to that position when driving normally.

Went to Renault for new coolant, thermostat & temp sensor. Fault was never rectified, they even let me test drive a 200 to prove to me it did the same, which it did ( I preferred the 197s drive :wink:)

must just be one of them things lol:tongueout:

did you have any running issues like using more fuel, low mpg etc ben.

mine only did when I had stealer-ship oil in.. I've changed to fuchs and its not moved apart from when I idle for ages

Thats exactly what happened in mine. It now sits at the first marker on the temp guage since i cahnged to Fuchs. Must say found it strange that the oil has affected the temp by this much. Although i did have the distinct impression that the oil filter had never been changed untill i serviced it myself.