Tar remover

Hi all,

I'm looking for a tar remover, so wondering what everyone recommends. Normally since I have a black car I tend to be a lazy git and never de-tar it when washing, but its gotten a bit bad lately and with summer coming up I want to give it a proper detail.

So... I could do with something that I could cover the entire car in preferably, rather than a little gel type one I have to rub in to each spot. Mostly because on a black car its damn near impossible to find the little buggers until you touch the car with a microfibre and it leaves some fluff stuck to them :smiley:.

Thanks a mil :smile:

I have just been back up to juicy detailing about 4 days to get some tops ups and try find a new tar remover. i was going to get the Tar-X but the lad there said try the Valet Pro Citrus Tar & Glue Remover stuff first (less then half the price at 5.99) he was kind enought to use a bit of there own stuff on my rear bumper.. and well i ended up buying two tubs of it.

verry little effort to use and very little product needed. defo worth a shot for price.

steven

Tardis by AutoSmart is the best by a mile. Failing that petrol does the job as good as the rest of them, its cheaper too (didn't think is be saying that). WD40 does work but it can be a pain to remove it after using it.

I can only find Tardis in 5L tubs for £21+ the postage, which seems a little extreme for very occasional usage.

Might try ObliTARate or Citrus Tar&Glue for less than half the price I reckon, I've been using the AS quick detailer and that seems like a quality product but never seen a review of the ObliTARate yet.

Similar Thread Suggestions