Best "Halfords" tar remover.

Autoglym, Meguires etc??

Basically I want to get on with a bit of detailing and need some tar remover. I normally don't use it, I just use clay but last time I prep'd my car I found the 200 seems to be the worse car I have ever owned for tar, it really suffers around the rear quarter and the clay gets saturated very quickly.

Anyway I would normally buy mail order but don't want to wait as it will take me almost a week to get it after postage and not being home and having to fetch it from the post office etc.

So then, is there anything worth buying at Halfords??

Autoglym does do the job but just not as fast as tardis or the like. For example, you won't see it dissolve the tar.

The Autoglym tar remover will do its job in about 1 minute but may need a bit of pressure when removing.

Prob get a bashing for saying this, but claying off tar can be bad, got to think that you are dragging it along the paint work etc, Autoglym Tar & Glue does work but as said takes a while and may need more than one coat.

I bought myself Some AS Tardis, 5L Tub & Spray bottle for £21 from Polishedbliss.co.uk - i could have saved myself some money by going through your local AS rep, but i needed it quite quick.

And it does the trick and is very very good, wouldn't go back to autoglym, namely the price of it etc, and the tardis is a case of spray on - wipe of with a microfibre towel, then rinse body work with water.

Also to note that tardis will strip the paintwork of any sealants/wax etc

As others have said, AG Bug & Tar Remover is ok. One product to definitely avoid is Meguiar's Bug & Tar Remover. It's the worst product I've ever used. It looks like milk, and I honestly believe milk would remove bugs and tar better!

Not from Halfords but,

AutoSmart Tardis and Iron X spray. Though the Iron X stinks !

You can probably do away with the clay by using these two.