Tailgate corrosion

Just a heads up

I was giving the old girl a wash yesterday and while drying the back screen area i noticed the paint starting to bubble up in the center of the tailgate where the glass meets in the middle:zomg:

I popped it down to the local dealer who took some pics and is going to show them to Renault who hopefully will sort it out under the paintwork warranty , the bodyshop fella said it's due to the rear screen being fitted to low at the factory and not allowing any water to drain away

Something to keep an eye on chaps

Cheers Phil

Mines got a little bit of this. How long is the Paint/Perforation Warranty?

Phil, let us know how you get on with Dinnages, I noticed it on mine last year!!! Might have to take it down to them!

Phil, let us know how you get on with Dinnages, I noticed it on mine last year!!! Might have to take it down to them!

Will do mike,he did't seem to quibble about it ,i think it comes under the corrosion warranty as in from inside out rather than outside in if you get my jest of it

Cheers Phil, I'll keep my eye on it. At the moment it just looks like a bubble in the paint.

I've been hammering it with wax to keep it at bay hahaha!!!

Cheers Phil, I'll keep my eye on it. At the moment it just looks like a bubble in the paint.

I've been hammering it with wax to keep it at bay hahaha!!!

Me too mate but still it happened ,just to let you know it's

3 years paint
12 years corrosion

From what the dealer was saying this comes under the latter

Took couple months for mine to be processed, they respray the area, and move the window further up so it's not contacting the boot!