Suspension Arm Question

Hi, newcomer here.

Bought a Clio 197 yesterday that had a couple of advisories on its last MOT which were the following:

1. Nearside/Offside suspension arms - slight play
2. Nearside/Offside drag link end ball joints - slight play.

Wanting to get these done before they get any worse and Not having owned one of these cars before, can anybody please tell me what they are and possibly post links on here to where i can get the parts from.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, newcomer here.

Bought a Clio 197 yesterday that had a couple of advisories on its last MOT which were the following:

1. Nearside/Offside suspension arms - slight play
2. Nearside/Offside drag link end ball joints - slight play.

Wanting to get these done before they get any worse and Not having owned one of these cars before, can anybody please tell me what they are and possibly post links on here to where i can get the parts from.

Thanks in advance.

I hope you managed to negotiate a good price on the car! I'd imagine you're looking at £400+ in parts alone there!

Only advisories, can always have them done seperately. Anyone got a link to how you become a memeber on here?

The Ball Joints are around £110 per pair from R-Sport or you can get the whole hub for £185ish per side from Karl in the Ask Karl section.

it says "suspension arms"...theres a ball joint on the lower arm - needs checking to see which ones they really mean as theres 5 "ball joints"
on the front suspension/steering per side...

it says "suspension arms"...theres a ball joint on the lower arm - needs checking to see which ones they really mean as theres 5 "ball joints"
on the front suspension/steering per side...

Now you've really got me confused, as I said, i'm new to these cars and don't know anything about the suspension set up on one. There is a small "clunk" sound every so often, nothing bad but i'd rather get it sorted straight away rather than risk more damage. If we identified which ball joint it was I wouldn't even know what to order or from where:nope:

ask the garage that did the test to pinpoint exactly which joints are faulty...

you don't want to be jumping in and paying out for items that don't need changing as it can get expensive on these due to their unique
front suspension set up...

Don't know the garage, I only bought the car yesterday and i'm 120 miles away. I think i'm best getting someone to have a look and see if they can try and identify the parts needed. Thanks for your help :wink: