Superchips Blue Fin ECU Remap ???

if all depends what there quoting, if its peak power than no chance of gaining 12hp, but if there quoting in general terms ie through out the rev range, say 10 hp at 5000rpm and 2bhp peak. generally on a custom remap you will gain 5bhp peak.

That's me told lol! I need to get my'n mapped after the decat as the flat spots starting to annoy me, any update on ktecs version?

I,m not going to say much at moment until I,ve tested it properly,you have 7days no quibble refund, but I,m going to keep it, so far the car feels a lot smoother especially this morning when it was cold.
It seams to be pulling better from about 3500 especially in 4th gear, there's no noticeable gains in power that I can feel, it's difficult to explain but it does feel nicer to drive, mpg was 29.5 before and now it's 25.5, but that's probably me being heavy footed, will post more at weekend when I,ve had a better drive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

£256 including next day delivery, it's Ok with 95 Ron

where did u get it from munchi?

Got it from Superchips website, tested it some more, car definitely drives smoother and mpg has gone up, from what my trip computer is saying, if I drive steady, I will save about £ 20 per month

That's a very good saving, as I was looking into cost ownerships between my 197 and newer eco based cars and surprisingly apart from cheaper road tax the petrol to diesel comparison was only £15 per month saving so with 1 of these that offsets it nicely.

Was also surprised as well regarding insurance quotes how much more than the 197 they were working out but with a lot less HP and grin factor, as more expensive newer cars and service costs weren't much more either on the 197 (if doing yourself then cheaper as well).

Are you running yours on 95 oct or higher?

I run it on OPTIMAX most of the time, fitting is simple if it downloads properly,
1,Plug it into your OBD socket
2,Follow about 4 simple instructions
3, You need a Laptop for this bit, insert cdrom into Laptop,plug Bluefin into Laptop with usb connector,pree download.
Your cars details are sent to Superchips to be stored,you then get a text and email almost immediately saying your download is ready.
4, Plug the Bluefin back into the Laptop and download(takes about 30 seconds).
5,Plug Bluefin into car and download(takes about 30 seconds) Done.

What happened with mine was, I downloaded new map from Superchips which took ages, but it said download complete.
I then spent 2 hours in cold trying to install with no look.
When I fhoned Superchips Day after, they said download was interupted, they resent download which took about 30 seconds to load onto Bluefin, job done.

Still very tempted by this! Does sound good! Gonna see what K-Tec have to offer before making a decision :smile:

well whats the difference between this and ktecs rs tuning box and fastchips rs tuner?

Still very tempted by this! Does sound good! Gonna see what K-Tec have to offer before making a decision :smile:

Personally I would go worth the Superchips one. Superchips are very well known and respected in ECU tuning with over 20 years in the game, they know what they are doing.

Having said that it would be interesting to know who is making the ktec one, I imagine it will be very good as they know the F4R very well.

Last edited:
Why would anyone pay £256 for a Superchip one when you can essentially get the same thing from RSTuning for £200 and Henk is a top bloke who improves/revises his maps (95ron, 98ron, over-run for Mk2s etc)