supercharged ep3 type r.

Im bored of the vxr now and looking at getting something pretty quick but also a bit different. I'm thinking of selling the vxr and getting an 05 type r then supercharging it. Has anyone been in one of these or come up against one? Thanks.

I would charge a 197 but it's not been done 'cheaply' has it?

How much does it cost to supercharge a Type R?

They can sound awesome with a decent exhaust on. I was looking at them before the 197. But insurance was ridiculous! Basiclly triple what im paying on the 197.

Around £3300 fitted and tuned... Maybee i have more money then sense lol...

Yea the insurance will go up for me a fair chunk but im willing to absorb the extra cost!

It's never engaging boost with one of those lol. They are quick normally around 300 bhp and don't suffer getting power down like a turbo type R would.

They aren't different though. Fast but not different.

Have seen a couple down here so I think it's a common upgrade. I know of one particular charged civic ( Richy will be familiar with it too ) and it's certainly not shy!

Vtec lumps are stronger than F4Rs, you'd never boost a Clio to the same level of a civic on STD internals.

Red one? He tends to not boot it about but when he does it shifts. There a turbo one floating around too but it sounds up a lot.

Vtec boosted is a win win but better in an ek9 :wink:

I love the sound of a vtec on full chat but my mates call me for saying this.

Fags :001_unsure:

They're fast. I used to own an EP3 about 5 years ago. When I swapped to a Focus ST2, running circa 295bhp, the supercharged EP3 still accelerated faster due to it being lighter.

JRSC or Rotrex? The K20a can easily handle 300bhp. You'll need a new diff to put the power down effectively. Most go for a Quaife ATB diff. I fitted a Honda ATB from an Integra Type R (DC5).

I test drove one a couple of years back with a Jackson racing charger on it. A mugen air feed and a spoon n1 exhaust and it was insane. The Honda also has semi forged intwrnals as standard so a lot stronger

Serious bit of kit. Deffo go for it

EP3's are seriously impressive cars, especially for the price they're coming down to now! I seriously considered one before i bought my Clio, but they were all just getting a bit too old for what i was looking for

But what others have said is true - for me, nothing can touch the sound of VTEC at full chat, the extra sensation when it kicks in is incomparable!

I was going to go for the JRSC as you dont need an intercooler and 300bhp is easily achievable.

Again yea... vtec on max chatt is awesome!! :smile:

im just costing it all up now. if it dosent make sense i'll stage 2 the vxr for now..