Sunroof driving me MAD!

Jminkley

Paid Member
I've got a panoramic sunroof and its rattling badly. It's sounds like it's coming from the rear of the sunroof and its stops if it's opened then closed again until I hit a bump. I know these are quite rare on the 197s but any help will be great because it's sending me round the bend

What condition are the rubber seals in? I'd see if you can pinpoint the rattle and replicate it, maybe get someone else to drive the car so you can have a good poke round while on the road to see what's causing it.

Other than new seals I can't think of much else that would stop it.

You could try downloading the workshop manual on the forum and having a look at the sunroof assembly as there may be a bolt loose somewhere. I've just had a look and all the info on where the bolts are is there.

Right, don't want to speak too soon but I'm hoping I've sorted the rattle.
822123106bbea278cf55bd8b157a8604.jpg
The rubber parts on ^ this were quite worn out so I greased and swapped them over. It slides loads better now and isn't rattling so far l. The cars so much more enjoyable to drive now! [emoji1303]

Right, don't want to speak too soon but I'm hoping I've sorted the rattle.
822123106bbea278cf55bd8b157a8604.jpg
The rubber parts on ^ this were quite worn out so I greased and swapped them over. It slides loads better now and isn't rattling so far l. The cars so much more enjoyable to drive now! [emoji1303]
were did you get the replacements and how many do i need to change them all thanks

were did you get the replacements and how many do i need to change them all thanks

I didn't get replacement ones. I literally put swapped the rubber bits over so the one on the right of the triangular plate went to the left and the left went to the right. Hope this helps, it's a little vague I know

I didn't get replacement ones. I literally put swapped the rubber bits over so the one on the right of the triangular plate went to the left and the left went to the right. Hope this helps, it's a little vague I know
thanks i will give it ago i have found some on ebay if all else fails thanks

Hi there,
my clio is having the same rattle from the sunroof which is driving me absolutely mad too!!

I don't have any high hopes on this because this thread is a little bit older but
could you or anybody else write down how to get the shown part out of the sunroof assembly?
I've located a couple of screws to get the moving window off but i think this won't give me any access to the rubber parts to replace?
The part from the picture seems to be located underneath the fixed part of the panoramic roof.
Is this window glued or will i get access to more screws after removing the moving part?

I've also found the same looking rubbers on ebay. I think these should fit the Clio too:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Renault-Megane-Scenic-Sunroof-Slider-Repair-Clips/292793718744?fits=Car+Make:Renault&hash=item442bdd97d8:g:eTAAAOSwpsBb1yMT

As a follow up.
I‘ve now replaced the linked above rubber/plastic pieces and the absolutely mad rattling from the sunroof is totally gone now.
Feels like a absolutely more valuable car now :smile:

Swapping them was pretty straight forward.
The sunroof is only held by 3 screws each side (1 outside, 2 inside).
Took it off and slid the brackets out.
Voila there you have the small rubber/plastic parts and can replace them.

As a follow up.
I‘ve now replaced the linked above rubber/plastic pieces and the absolutely mad rattling from the sunroof is totally gone now.

mate so you swap with the ebay parts for megane scenic ? it is straight fit ? have you any photo of the bolts for the glass removal ?

As a follow up.

Hi @Idefix23 - do you have to remove headlining to get to sunroof bolts?

Thank you