Summer wheels and new suspension on...the 500

Well Abarth's new Koni kit was delivered last week and once it was fitted we chucked the summer wheels on :evil:

92126f3e.jpg

0c04efa4.jpg

d77ef4c8.jpg

654d5b89.jpg

6f3c9c10.jpg

9953576a.jpg

b690d4cf.jpg

b296973b.jpg

67165e53.jpg

358de3fe.jpg

Our favourite picture :thumbup1:

d90b4f9e.jpg

Last edited:
I do love these little cars.

I was very tempted over the 197 but the boot is just too small.

Cheers guys, its a real laugh to drive.

N0ddie, Akrapovic haven't released any details yet but they are taking orders. Its supposed to be released the end of the month. It seems like its a valved system with a remote/switch to permanently open the valves should you want it. Sounds very expensive :O Maybe end up going down the custom route and just having a system thats straight through from the cat. Like it was before we sold the Ragazzon.

I do love these little cars.

I was very tempted over the 197 but the boot is just too small.

I have a thing for them but wouldn't swap simply because they look like they'd roll easily :001_unsure:

Supposed to be a nice drive with the wider torque band though.

I have a thing for them but wouldn't swap simply because they look like they'd roll easily :001_unsure:

Supposed to be a nice drive with the wider torque band though.

They do look that way but the can sure hold the road.

Pretty rapid in gear too, had a little play my mates new R26 and the 500 stayed neck and neck till it came out of fourth gear :evil: On a flat road right enough, we tried it on an uphill section afterwards and it had no chance against the R26.

Nearly traded mine in a few weeks ago for a fully loaded brand new 500 Essesse.
Love the look but not quite the drivers car the Clio is.

Get the Monza exhaust mate, that thing is AMAZING!

Nearly traded mine in a few weeks ago for a fully loaded brand new 500 Essesse.
Love the look but not quite the drivers car the Clio is.

Get the Monza exhaust mate, that thing is AMAZING!

We had an exhaust with no back box it was awesome, sold it in preparation for the Akrapovic system. The monza is great but its not stainless steel and is a lot of money for a back box that rusts. Not keen on the quad pipes either.

What kind of mpg do you get out of interest on average mark?

I rarely drive it so when I do it always dips but Lisa gets a consistent 42mpg

I wouldn't either but don't tell the misses :wink:

LOL

Very very nice car mate! The GF has just bought a 500, its a diesel mind you, but they are still cool little cars! We did look at an Abarth but even 40+ mpg isn't good enough for the number of miles she is doing. The amount of aftermarket pieces is unbelievable when compared with the 197 and it seems like a lot of the Abarth pieces are interchangeable with standard 500's which is a bonus!

Drive one Tom, you wont sell the 200 for one! :eek:

I better not, can't afford to swap for one I'd want anyway.

They do a rather nice pearlescent white paint too it seems, and supposedly remap to around 170hp.....

I won't, but if I were in the market for a car again soon they'd be on my list.

I better not, can't afford to swap for one I'd want anyway.

They do a rather nice pearlescent white paint too it seems, and supposedly remap to around 170hp.....

I won't, but if I were in the market for a car again soon they'd be on my list.

They are lovely and i was sorely tempted believe me but the driving position is really high and the wheel is not centre to the pedals. The steering was pretty numb too.
My mate at Tech9 motorsport said i'd be mad to swop and promptly showed me photos of their Abarth 500 0n its roof.

Knowing you as a man who likes his driving experience i think you would be left wanting.

The cheaper fuel bills would be nice though and the modification options and great...