Stupid front wiper design!

Anyone else noticed that whilst one wiper can only be raised off the screen slightly. The other one comes right up and fouls the edge of the bonnet. The previous owner (or maybe some leafleter) obviously hadn't noticed coz mine has lost a big chip of paint from the bonnet. What a rubbish design?! :thumbdown:

Hopefully may stop anyone else suffering the same fate.

I'll second that! I can't believe the design either. I thought it would just be a case of turn the wipers on and cut the engine mid-sweep but mine just carry on and rest in the off position. Most annoying when you have OCD for your car that usually means washing at least once a week!:001_tt1:

I know, the 'normal' Clio has the same design... Only option is to open your bonnet before washing your car... But if that's such a good idea... :bored:

yes its not very good is it, could have designed it better me thinks. :001_rolleyes:

but my wifes new golf is exactley the same, which makes me feel a tad better lol, :tongueout:

Nah I wont lose any sleep over it - I'll just have to get a touch up stick for the chip and maybe cover with a bit of clear vinyl or something.

Might give renault a call to see if they want to employ me as a sense checker for any of the future RS range..:biggrin:

Stupid - my friend has scratched my bonnet because of that...and he just wanted to lift my wipers...I was too late to stop him...:@

I'll second that! I can't believe the design either. I thought it would just be a case of turn the wipers on and cut the engine mid-sweep but mine just carry on and rest in the off position. Most annoying when you have OCD for your car that usually means washing at least once a week!:001_tt1:

i have this problem also, however i can stop mine mid sweep? how are you turning off your electrics? i press the starter once, no feet on the pedals, turn the wipers on then press the starter once again, works for me.

But, has anyone noticed that whilst the passenger wiper can be lifted off the screen the drivers one can't? its like the hinge has been damaged or not made properly? i'll get a picture up asap, but can everyone else bend the wiper arm up?

i have this problem also, however i can stop mine mid sweep? how are you turning off your electrics? i press the starter once, no feet on the pedals, turn the wipers on then press the starter once again, works for me.

But, has anyone noticed that whilst the passenger wiper can be lifted off the screen the drivers one can't? its like the hinge has been damaged or not made properly? i'll get a picture up asap, but can everyone else bend the wiper arm up?

TBH I have never tried doing it the way you describe so I'll try it on wash day this weekend. I have to move my car from its usual resting place to open the boot etc. so have tried turning the engine off mid-sweep. Thanks for the tip! :smile: