Stripped Clio 200 weight

K.dough11

Paid Member
On my way to Anglesey on Wednesday I drove past a weighbridge by chance, so stopped to ask if they could weigh my car. Kindly, they did it for free.

It came in at 1140kg. Empty of me and bags etc and with around 3/4 tank of fuel.

The car is quite comprehensively stripped out with the addition of full weld in cage, GRP boot lid and poly windows all round (except front screen), aircon and heater matrix delete, ATS GTR alloys and Recaro SPG XL x2 and cup racer exhaust to give an idea.

Couldn’t find much about this surprisingly. Would be interested to hear about any others who have done similar?

Cheers

Last edited:
There was a recent video on YouTube posted by someone who stripped out their 197 and lost exactly 100kg. No idea if this accounted for fuel weight.

Reactions: K.dough11
Had mine cormer weighed with a similar amount of fuel and that came up at 1143kg

spec is fully stripped out 200 cup retention of heater, full weld in cage and 2x Corbeau Pro series seats, carbon door cards and standard panels and glass.

There was a recent video on YouTube posted by someone who stripped out their 197 and lost exactly 100kg. No idea if this accounted for fuel weight.

Cheers, just watched this. It’s a shame adding the cage probably undoes a big chunk of that saving but has to be done. :smile:

Have a search on the Facebook groups, sub 1000 is possible with 950? being one of the lowest from the cup racer days. Did they tell you how accurate the bridge was? I stopped at one and they stated +-10kg so didn’t bother.

FYI, if it was a lorry weighbridge they go up in increments of 20kg so could be somewhere between 1140-1159

Have a search on the Facebook groups, sub 1000 is possible with 950? being one of the lowest from the cup racer days. Did they tell you how accurate the bridge was? I stopped at one and they stated +-10kg so didn’t bother.

I don’t have Facebook but fair play! Would love to know where the weight is to be found though.

I’ve read of mark 2’s getting to around that weight however.

FYI, if it was a lorry weighbridge they go up in increments of 20kg so could be somewhere between 1140-1159

Thanks for this. As @LiamP also mentioned, it hadn’t crossed my mind about the level of accuracy since they’re obviously designed for much bigger loads.

After some brief reading on the subject… it seems like a bit of a minefield. Meh. :dizzy:

Not my Clio, but my old 200sx I had it weighed at a weighbridge and it was 1120kg but then on individual scales (for corner weighting) it was 1092kg.

Mine was 1260kg on lorry scales with me (76.5kg) and half a tank of fuel. Mine is a weird spec for road going sprints. It has back seats, roof liner, half cage and standard front door cards and I haven’t removed anything from under the dash. Removed aircon and have 2 sparco sprint seats with harnesses