Striping paint from plastic

vivid white

Platinum Member
Hi all,

Previous owner on my car decided to spray the front vents either side of the Renault badge with black paint. No prep just sprayed it straight on, this has now started to flake off and looks a right mess.

Anyone got any quick and easy tips for getting the paint off?

Thanks

Heatgun might help if the paint is cracking already.

Also, like Rogue and Royston have said above, both very good suggestions.

:wink: don't I know it.Thats my job for the week Sand down the diamonds and get some fresh paint on them.Not looking forward to it but keeps me out of trouble lol

Got to keep yourself busy otherwise all hell could break loose.

I have been thinking about getting the vents sprayed black again anyway so will probably go down that route and let the sprayer deal with cleaning them up again :smile:

would probally be easier to buy new or from a breaker the parts no paint or hassle etc

Got to keep yourself busy otherwise all hell could break loose.

I have been thinking about getting the vents sprayed black again anyway so will probably go down that route and let the sprayer deal with cleaning them up again :smile:

Thought about sending them to Sprayshack ???? I could ask if we could do another group buy

I'd be buying parts from a crashed 197.

The previous guy must have done a really bad job, I sprayed mine with bumper paint after just a thorough clean with APC and they're good as new over a year on

The previous guy must have done a really bad job, I sprayed mine with bumper paint after just a thorough clean with APC and they're good as new over a year on

I did mine recently, no issues so far. They look soooo much better than the faded grey colour they seem to turn.

I'd imagine they were covered in some back to black **** that he didn't clean off before spraying. I wouldn't buy new ones as I think they are about £70.