Strange stalk issue

Hi all,

So I've been having a bit of a weird issue with my highbeam recently. The "pulling" action on the stalk seems to have become a bit fussy. It feels just fine, but the highbeam doesn't always "listen" to it. So sometimes I have to pull it several times to get it to light up, and then several times to get it to go off (p!ssing off oncoming drivers in the process). Everything else on the stalk works perfectly. I imagine something isn't making contact properly - could this be a wiring issue? I'm horrible when it comes to electronics. Has anyone had similar issues?

Thanks

i had the same thing in my clio3 1.6 which has the same flasher stalk, it used to work fine in the cold for some reason, it got really annoying not being able to flash people i was so happy to get it back & i can actually feel that the stalk in the 197 is slightly stiffer/less worn out.

you could get a stalk easily from a breakers & install it yourself but you'd be better off getting a new one considering its a wear & tear issue so buying it used isn't the best idea...

its actually pretty unsafe if you drive on country lanes at night & can't get high beam on/off as & when you like

My other half's old Corsa went like this, the stalk would flash if she went over a bump. Quite dangerous, someone could have easily pulled out on her. New stalk sorted it out.