STR: Nasty clio crash at ring. One fatality.

Sounds like the passenger was thrown from the car. Thoughts go out to them - hopefully no one we know...

1958efbd.jpg

Oh god that is awful!

Thrown from the car suggests no belts... Makes me glad for the Clio III safety rating when I went!!

Awful.

Don't like seeing this sort of thing, especially with me going to the 'Ring in 10 days.

Thats horrible to see. Thoughts go out to the family. And the surviving passengers/driver, that must be an awful experience to have to go through :worried:

Always sad to see, but I'll put that down as a Darwin if they weren't wearing a belt. I don't understand people that go round without a helmet, let alone belts.

i had some sympathy until i read they didnt have a seatbelt on.

sorry to say, but if thats true, then i dont have an ounce of sympathy. might sound harsh and heartless, but everyone knows firstly how rsiky the 'Ring is, and secondly, on track, road or wherever, you should always wear a seatbelt.

but anywho.........

Millions of pounds is spent on research in to making cars safer. But all the safety devices on cars require you to wear a seatbelt. Without it, you may as well not bother with the bags, pre-tensioners, crumple zones etc. I have to say, I think not belting up is very stupid.

Seatbelts are there for a reason for our safety and well being we should all use them. My thoughts go out to the family whose world has been turned upside down by an event which could not have been foreseen. RIP

Just a update regarding this. Turns out they are from around where I live. It is on the front page of the local paper and also on the website if anyone wants to read. NEWS ARTICLE