steering wheel

dangerdaz

Platinum Member
Guys..i have this steering wheel on my 200 cup. Is this standard as it has no stereo controls at all.
I like it because the rim is slightly thinner than others ive seen plus its a bit lighter,helping in the 'lighter the better' theme i want.

IMAG0168-1.jpg
[/IMG]

thats a steering wheel from a standard clio 05>, ie not a renaultsport one (there's no stitching/no extra grip/padding)

after owning a standard 1.6 clio for 5 years & then getting the 197 i far prefer the chunkyness & softness of the renaultsport wheel, infact everything in the car feels better, indicator stalks, volume controls, its all chunkier & more solid

Last edited:
thats a steering wheel from a standard clio 05>, ie not a renaultsport one

after owning a standard 1.6 clio for 5 years & then getting the 197 i far prefer the chunkyness & softness of the renaultsport wheel, infact everything in the car feels better, indicator stalks, volume controls, its all chunkier & more

Last edited:
thats a steering wheel from a standard clio 05>, ie not a renaultsport one

after owning a standard 1.6 clio for 5 years & then getting the 197 i far prefer the chunkyness & softness of the renaultsport wheel, infact everything in the car feels better, indicator stalks, volume controls, its all chunkier & more solid

Interesting because its leather bound and certainly sporty and there is stitching.
Strange how its on my cup..lol.
But i like it as not too chunky to grip properly.
Going to get edge to cover it in alacantara with the gear nob eventually.

are the cup steering wheels diff from standard then???
thought they still had center line in red on

That is Cup wheel, they loose the cruise control buttons, some padding and the marker.

No Clio wheels have audio controls (just cruise control / speed limiter), they are on the steering column to the right.

Cup steering wheel is just a Dynamique wheel.

You can get a proper RS one for £155 for a 197 one or £178(i think) for a 200s.

Cup steering wheel is just a Dynamique wheel.

Do you not also need a different airbag as well though?

And yes OP. Thats a 200 Cup steering wheel, mine is identicle.

Nice to know cheers. I might keep my eye out on Ebay then for one! I do miss the 197 steering wheel i fitted to my 172 :worried:

No need to worry at all about buttons as they are part of the airbag which you retain.

We have a 197 wheel on our DCI and it is a straight swap.

Nice to know cheers. I might keep my eye out on Ebay then for one! I do miss the 197 steering wheel i fitted to my 172 :worried:

Dont look on ebay, myths go round that 197/200 wheels are v expensive.

Not the case, ours was £130 from a dealer inc the silver insert.

Whats the difference between 197 & 200 wheels?

If i'd know they were so swappable my 1.6 clio would've had a 197 steering wheel in it years ago!

I also prefer the skinnier Cup wheel. However, I do sometimes think the FF looks better.

Might just go 'n' order a FF one from TwingoGeeko since they are only, what, £190?

Meh, there's saving weight, then there's getting silly lol!!!

I personally prefer the FF wheel tbh - purchase a "proper" one!